VOLUNTEERING WITH CHILDREN AT SCHOOL (HAVE FUN AND HELP US) , HELP IN OUR DOGS REFUGE AND IN A SMALL ZOO-KENNEL
Our main mission is providing support to two schools here in the city in order to insure a safe environment for children from disadvantaged backgrounds to learn.
We are also collaborating with two dog shelters as well an exotic animal kennel. As you may imagine animal welfare isn't a priority here in Trujillo and the situation is which these poor animals live is dramatic.
We do not receive any support from the government or any private organization. This is why we need all the help we can get and are constantly looking for volunteers who are eager to help us make a change!
HELP US AND BE PART OF THE CHANGE OF OUR CHILDREN AND DOGS THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!
TYPE OF HELP
Babysitting / child care
HELP TO OUR DOGSHELTER
we needs volunteers to help in a rescue centre for abandoned animals (primarily dogs).
we have 30 dogs.
We aim to provide a safe haven for these animals.
Necessary tasks include the cleaning, give love it, feeding and exercise of the animals at the centre.
The total of volunteer time is 2 hours per day, 2 days a week (Monday to friday).
we needs volunteers to teach English to local children.
English Class information:
• Volunteers will be English teachers' assistants, therefore they will need to do what the main teachers require in oder to carry out the lesson.
• The main teacher will provide volunteers with a curriculum book where all lesson topics and contents can be found.
• The volunteers are allowed to contribute in class with creative ideas, games, dynamics, etc, as long as they are related to the topics they are working on whithin the curriculum.
• Volunteers will be needed to help at the school with Kindergarten programs, primary programs and secondary programs an average of 5 or 6 hours per day working both mornings and afternoons.
• Each lesson is 45 minutes long.
• We provide free classes in English to 1800 children between the ages of 5 and 13, divided according to their age, with 25 children per classroom.
We offer the chance for university students to have an internship in teaching English to the children . For those studying linguistics and/or ESL (or similar categories), this would be a great opportunity to use what you have been taught in college or fulfill that internship elective. For anybody who would like to have more teaching experience (ex. for those who are studying to teach or studying other majors in college), this would also be a great opportunity to get teaching experience. Teaching English in a foreign country can give you more experience than you can imagine (not only in the area of teaching English but also in other areas of life). This opportunity can provide invaluable work experience which will help prepare the applicant for future jobs in this field or other fields
HELP IN A SMALL ZOO-KENNEL
Helps in an exotic animal zoo- kennel. We need volunteers who are willing to come help clean, feed the animals, mammals, reptiles, birds and amphibians which are all from endangered species. You would be working three-hours a day with a flexible timetable from Monday to Friday.
Our volunteers receive a document which includes all the information about how the volunteer stint will take place how we work with the schools as well as information about living conditions here in the volunteer house in Trujillo prior to arrival. This is also explained during the skype interview.
When volunteers arrive we familiarize them with the area, accompany them to the school, introduce them to the teachers they will be working with (they will follow each teachers teaching technique as they will be assisting them). We also remain with our volunteers during the lessons until they are comfortable with the tasks.
We need enthusiastic volunteers eager to teach and truly get involved with the project. We need them to be lively, patient and enjoy spending time with children.
REQUIREMENTS FOR BOTH PROJECTS
- Minimum Age 17 upon application.
- CV/Resume will be requested prior to arrival for more background information on applicant.
- It is not required that volunteers have teaching experience before participating in this programme.
- Intermediate or basic level of English language.
- Spanish is not required by our organization, but it is highly recommended that a basic
level is acquired prior to arrival to assist in day-to- day life here.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Pro-active and enterprising.
- Dynamic and receptive.
- Responsible and committed to fulfilling the tasks assigned.
All months of the year
We do not receive any governmental support or aid from local authorities. The generous contribution received from
the volunteer fee is vital to provided these services to the local dogs and children.
- Your accommodation is provided , as are household goods including bed sheets etc,
- Basics Meals (both vegetarian and non-vegetarian) are provided for, five days per week, three times per day. On weekends you can buy groceries at the local supermarket, or eat in local restaurants.
- Our volunteers to learn about our culture, moche, from before the Incas, which is very important in our region.
- We offer a certificate upon the ending of your placement, which can serve them for their universities or workplaces.
- In our free time with us, you can go trekking, hiking, camping, or on a guided tour in the city.
-We also have agreements with institutions to offer you discounted surfing lessons, sandboarding,
- Free Spanish classes,
-Discounted dance classes (salsa, merengue, bachata and our typical dance the marinera Norteña), and discounted yoga classes.
-We have free tickets for concerts of reggae, rock, disco, etc.
- Free gastronomy lessons, free pastries (desserts) lessons, free bartender lessons, free folk dances lessons,
- We offer 24-hour assistance.
We are looking for individuals or organizations that want help us to have volunteers in their web pages or websites of other organizations.
The first project , we needs volunteers to help in a rescue centre for abandoned animals (primarily dogs). Peru suffers from a large population of stray dogs, many of which can be subject to harsh treatment and lack of food leading to social tensions with the local community.
The 2 project , we needs volunteers to teach English to local children, who would not otherwise have access to such education due to financial restrictions.
the 3 project , We need helps in an exotic animal zoo- kennel.
1 WEEKS : 67 USD per person
2 WEKS : $ 134 USD per person
3 WEEKS: $ 201 USD per person
4 WEEKS: $ 266 USD per person
5 WEEKS: $ 333 USD per person
6 WEEKS: $ 399 USD per person
7 WEEKS: $ 466 USD per person
8 WEEKS: $ 533USD per person
9 WEEKS: $ 600 USD per person
10 WEEKS: $ 667 USD per person
11 WEEKS: $ 734 USD per person
12 WEEKS: $ 801 USD per person
Our volunteers known the local gastronomy, they are going to learn from our culture, our volunteers go to learn and improve their Spanish.