FROM CHARLOTTE DU PLESSIX
2. Why did you decide to volunteer?
a. Was it an easy decision to take?
b. Yes, I wanted to volunteerism a while and I was already involved in some association so, it was a normal continuation…
c. Did you have some fears before leaving for Uganda?
d. Not really! I was more exiting to discover new country and peoples.
3. How was your experience in Uganda?
4. That was a rich experience, about people, landscape, culture; I really appreciate the way of life there, quiet and natural. The people are really open and I have appreciated the welcome But, maybe, it’s true that sometimes it’s not easy to judge the serious of the people with who you deal with..:)
5. How was your experienceat Trust Future?
a. How was the atmosphere at Trust Future?
With the children at school: kind of really great, they are really familiar and warm, I still miss them sometimes
With the community: I had not so much relation with the community around TFU
With the staff: They are really welcoming with everyone and they are all really funny and nice! Even if sometimes, they forget you for some decisions or information’s sometimes important.
b. What did you mainly do at Trust Future?
How did you feel doing it? Class, help for daily tasks, share life with them…
6. Do you think this experience changed your life?
a. If yes, how did it impact your life?
I’m not sure! Maybe now I ve a bigger view over the world and stuff but I think, that TFU is a start of something more than something else… Because if I make another volunteering experience, I know more about what I want and what I can do really…
7. What would you like to say to someone who is going to volunteer with us?
Hahaa I think I already did with Fluorine I think, that I would like to say, go for it and live fully your experience
Thank you so much!
My Volunteer experience:
I spend 3 months in a primary school in Nabweru, TFU, near to the big city of Kampala!:) That was a nice experience, I learned how to teach to young kids, how to animate them,… I share great time with them, with their teachers …
We even danced altogether toothat was really funny!
I start to appreciate the music that they all were listening… Even to a point where I shout and applause for “Beebe cool”! :D
That was for me, a great social and human experience that stop quickly and the return was a little bit shocking I think, even more because it was in winter but anyway this was a really good experience!