About this project
Keep Alive Missionary Ministries -Uganda(KAMM Uganda) is Non profit organization found in Uganda (Africa) operating in the most impoverished community of the Eastern part of country with its offices based in Kumi District.
The Eastern part of Uganda has been in the rest years been intensively affected by insurgency, extreme climatic changes, inter tribal wars, outbreaks of ependermics like HIV/AIDS, Ebola, cholera, Cancer diseases all this negatively impacted on the economy of this part of the region.
Coupled with the high levels of illiteracy, and, culture & traditions that undermines the dignity of the women and girl child stagnated this region in poverty and suffering with women, girls and children in poor families being the most affected living in less than 1/2 USD a day.
KAMM Uganda being locally founded NGO, We have been working in this community for the last 5 years and know best the problems and needs affecting this region.
In bid to empower the needy women, girls and children overcome poverty, be able to meet their own basic needs, live happily healthy and dignified lives KAMM Uganda is training the above groups in essential knowledge and Vocational skills aimed at enabling them start small but sustainable projects to generate income for their lives and families.
In this community we are supporting 330 needy women, 177 child mothers, 210 girls living with HIV/AIDS and 775 critically vulnerable children aged 3-17 years mainly through provision of life skills short courses such as tailoring, hair dressing, computer knowledge, bee keeping, Shoe making, carpentry, building, and as well as lessons on business skills, and knowledge on health information.
Guidance and counseling is among the support given to both mostly girls and vulnerable children.
All the above KAMM Uganda provides to the community for free but the beneficiaries locally mobilizes refreshments for them themselves during the days of training.
The vocational courses are done every 3 days in week while vulnerable children meet ones week for health lessons, sports and for guidance and counseling.
Caregivers meet ones week to for both health and business skills lessons.
1) KAMM Uganda as it is locally founded does not have sustainable /external support or funding. 98% of our budget and activities is supported locally by the personal contributions of the members of the organization who themselves come from poor backgrounds as result the organization is undergoing lot of stress and constraits in implementing the activities intended to benefit the poor.
2) In regard to the above KAMM Uganda is providing skills training to the supported community in an open place that is always interrupted by extreme temperatures, such as too much coldness, heat, wind, dust, rains and dumpness. This always interferes with the vocational training skills class lessons provided, promotes spread of infections such as pneumonia, asthma, eye infections, skin problems, heart disease among others in community that is already weak and vulnerable as they struggle to attain vocational skills as well thus Negatively affecting expected results or outcome of the training.
3) The machines, equipment and tools KAMM Uganda is using in training this groups are very few and limited not matching with high number of the supported groups.
4) The trainees are very need of support and unable to or do struggle in hard way to purchase on their own class trainee training materials for class lessons.
Our Request :
We therefore request for support /Donations for the:
A) Construction of moderate classrooms for the trainees
B) Purchase of additional machines, equipment and tools the vocational Center
C) purchase of trainee class training materials.
Use of Proceeds
How the Donations will be used:
1. Construction of 5 moderate classrooms for vocational skills class lessons - 29,000 USD
2. Purchase of additional vocational equipment, machines, and tools (such as tailoring machines, hair dressing equipment, computers, carpentry tools among others) - 6,785 USD
3. Training materials (trainee materials) 1000 USD
KAMM Uganda & supported Community local contribution :
One member of KAMM-UGANDA Organization has already donated the community one plot of land for the construction of the community vocational classrooms.
Caregivers, women and girls within the supported community together with the KAMM workers are willing to provide unskilled labour for free ones the funds for constructing the vocational center are realized.
The local Government Authorities in Kumi are ready to provide Security and support supervision once the work on the construction of the vocational classes rooms begin.