Niños de Guatemala is a Dutch-Guatemalan non-profit working to break the cycle of poverty in Guatemala by providing quality education to those who need it most.
Niños de Guatemala empowers communities in marginalized areas of Guatemala. We achieve this by providing education that extends beyond the traditional classroom across three levels: students, their families, and the larger community. We take a holistic approach to education providing psychology and social work services alongside a nutritional program.
You will sleep at a Family Homestay near the school. There will be 2 to 3 other Volunteers per room with a shared bathroom.
You will be provided 3 meals a day. The meals will consist of delicious Guatemalan food.
- Classroom Assistance
- Teaching English
- Sports and art workshops
- Extracurricular activities
- Workshops of choice
Here's how your typical day would look:
Local Excursions and Sightseeing
We include an "Experience Guatemala" tour.
We also provide the following:
- A “welcome pack”: welcome letter, information about NDG and our schools, your volunteer schedule, a list of useful Spanish words and phrases, and recommendation of places to visit in Antigua
- NDG Volunteer t-shirt
- Group reflection meetings (Volunteer experience, the cycle of poverty, Guatemalan culture, empowerment, entrepreneurship and more)
- Volunteer Certificate and closing meeting
We give all of our volunteers a 24/7 emergency number of the Volunteer and Groups Coordinator and Manager.
The nearest hospital is 10 minutes away, we will provide transportation which can be reimbursed by your insurance.
What's included in the fee?
What's not included in the fee?
The following is not included in the fee:
- Insurance: participants are encouraged to consult a travel clinic and/or their personal physician to discuss recommended immunizations for Guatemala
- Visa, if needed
- Pickup: November 10th, 2018, noon at the latest from Aurora International Airport
- Dropoff: December 2nd, 2018, 8 am at Aurora International Airport
- Please note that pickup/dropoff is an additional cost
*Part of your fee includes a Volunteer Donation that goes 100% to fund the education of 500 low-income children of Guatemala, who attend our schools.