Nourishment for the Children of CambodiaABCs and Rice differs to most NGO schools in Siem Reap. In addition to providing a much-needed free education in English and Khmer, we offer various food programs to nourish the children’s bodies as well as their minds.
Classroom Support Assist the Khmer teacher with story time and other classroom support. NB you are not expected to lead classes.
Educational Professionals Monitor & Report on classroom activities and curriculum outcomes develop and conduct teacher-training seminars.
Arts and Crafts Facilitate student’s creativity using different materials and media.
Musicians Teach songs, guitar and percussion instruments.
Physical Education Assist with ongoing sporting activities, including training and coaching development.
Administration Various admin duties, including data entry and marketing.
Librarian Assist in keeping the growing library orderly
Farm Assist with farm development, including planting, picking, feeding, construction and composting.
Variable dependent on number of weeks.
Fees on application receipt
Placement fee includes;
• 2 ABCs and Rice t-shirts
• 10 meals with the children per week
• Your airport pick up and drop off
• A tour of our locally sponsored village
• A souvenir gift, of your choice from the village sustainability project
• A town familiarization tour
• The support of our volunteer coordinator
• A much appreciated donation to both ABCs and Rice, and our sister project, Pack the Essentials.