We are a local NGO providing education, basic care and family support to 120 underprivileged students.
What We Need
Teach English to children. We need volunteers who will be able to:
1. Run English classes to children (pronunciation, vocabulary, grammar) in a playful way.
2. Lead creative workshops (1 per half day or 6 times a week depending on the classes).
3. Supervise the children, monitor their safety, and administrate basic first aid when required.
Assist and support our full-time Garden volunteer in the sustainable vegetable garden:
1. General garden maintenance: seeding and planting.
2. Assist the children during their weekly gardening lessons.
The garden is an organic garden being approximately 1 acre of cultivated land which supplies the kitchen with vegetables every day for lunch.
Assist and support our Communication and Fundraising Manager:
-Write the monthly e-newsletter.
-Create weekly content for social media.
-Develop the “Month in action” video every month (to be published on the monthly e-newsletter and on social media).
2. Visibility Web and Social Media
-Assist the Communication and Fundraising Manager in improving and implementing a strategy for Anjali House’s website.
-Monitor the website traffic using Google analytics and social media activities (documented into a quarterly report).
3. Online fundraising campaign
-Assist the Communications and Fundraising Manager in creating an online fundraising campaign with a focus on monthly donations.
-Increase web traffic on the donation page.
Assist and support our Anjali House Social worker:
1. Conduct workshops or training with our students and families about behavior, hygiene, alcoholism, violence, parenting skills, and families budgeting.
2. Consult with students and families for any problems/issues.
3. Connect with NGO partners which have similar projects or services.
4. Support our Social worker to create a social work system structure.
5. Monitor and evaluate the social work program.
When & Who
We ask each volunteer to make a USD $250 contribution to offset administrative expenses for volunteers and serves as a general contribution to our organization; a standard practice at most NGOs in Southeast Asia.
This contribution can be in the form of a personal contribution or a crowdfunding campaign.
No reviews yet.
Additional Info about Us
The majority is composed of Khmer people.
There are a lot of guesthouse near of our organization. There are also bedrooms/apartments to rent for around 100/160$ per month.
Anjali House is an NGO based in Siem Reap, Cambodia. We provide education, basic care, and family support to our 120 students from 5 to 19 years old.
All the children and young adults enrolled at Anjali House come from poor families who can’t afford the cost of education and most of the time can only provide a meal a day.
Our educational program focuses on teaching English to all our students. We also educate our young adults about life skills, run career orientation workshops and provide scholarships for higher studies or vocational training.
All our students are sensitized about personal hygiene and take a daily shower at our center. We provide access to healthcare as well as two nutritious meals a day, a "privilege" they would not otherwise benefit from if they did not attend the school.
The link with the families and the local Khmer school is crucial to our work. Our social worker organizes workshops for the families including some about parenting skills and domestic violence.
Anjali House is an organization anchored locally with Khmer teachers including a female Khmer Director. It is a transparent organization which runs a professional audit of its finances every year.