We are NGO performing variety of community services in Tanzania
Wide range volunteering options
Volunteering does not include any fees. We charge accommodation and meals.
Benefits include low cost safaris and Mt. Kilimanjaro climbs.
Low cost accommodation
We pay USD 100 per month being more than 2x Tanzania national minimum wage
Accommodation HB USD 200 per week
Pretty assistance include 24/7 online assistance and program planning. We charge cost of airpot transfers. Airport is little but far so it is better to use our service. We have one day free orientation. We offer low cost accommodation but program is free of cost. We perform volunteer priced safaris and climbs and treks. We have lots of social activities guided by our team leaders who stay at the compound or near by.
We need networking to increase social media visibility. We are actively developing the fundraising activities specifically grant writing efforts.
Second hand laptops
Tanzania is safe and sound options. We stay in peaceful village of Madale some 1 hour distance of Dar es Salaam city life. Indian Ocean near to.
ALl programs are ongoing throughout the year
• Art in Tanzania is a self-sustainable Tanzanian non-profit NGO having hundreds of international interns annually in Tanzania in multiple professional work programs.
• Art in Tanzania is an NGO established 2001, registered as Tanzanian NGO on 2007 and operating in Dar es Salaam, Zanzibar, and Moshi (near Mt. Kilimanjaro).
• We have around 70 people on our staff, including 5-10 expatriates. We have 50-150 international volunteers and interns in Tanzania year-round. Participants live in our compound while mainly focusing on working in the surrounding schools and areas.
• Our focus includes education, medical health, HIV/AIDS, sports, art, movie production, media, tourism, as well as our partnership with The Children's Agenda lead by UNICEF within the social sector.
• Art in Tanzania partners with the EU Commission cofounded ERASMUS+ program to develop volunteer and internship training quality for EU countries.
• Our community-based programs aim to empower local communities and individuals. Our interns experience being immersed in the daily life of Tanzania while also having the opportunity to witness the growth of one of the fastest growing economies in Africa.
• Interns are working in teams of international students and sometimes volunteer professionals. We encourage innovation and creativity in the program's approach. Programs are tutored by professional staff members depending on sector/field of the work.
• We are looking to expand our field of international volunteering and internships to empower community development workers in Tanzania.
Please contact us for information on customized and personalized programming. Arts in Tanzania's internships, facilities and operations are also accessible for those with disabilities.
Paid internships include a local minimum wage/stipend of $100 USD per month. We also offer stipends depending on the terms of the internship and regulations of your home university. Starting and end dates are flexible and can accommodate other travel arrangements in Tanzania. International flights, Student permit, accommodation, and meals are personal costs.
We also offer participants with disabilities personal assistants and drivers at additional expenses; $30 USD per week. 24-hour general assistance is free.