Our NGO (Association Atz’anem K’oj) has been working for fifteen years to improve the standard of living of marginalized populations in Guatemala and Central America.
- Communication (writing articles for the web and social networks).
- Documentary (photos, videos).
- Design and web-design.
- Develop our volunteering programs (management, diffusion of offers).
- Support the different ongoing projects of the NGO.
We are located in Quetzaltenango (Guatemala) but often travel in the country and in Central America to lead projects.
Our methodology is based on popular education and arts as well as "The Theater of the Oppressed", created by Augusto Boal.
Our fundamental principle is that art is from people, by people, and for people.
Our target population is women fighting against gender violence, rural and indigenous communities, individuals suffering from HIV, migrants, and people with disabilities.
What we do:
- Long-term programs to support empowerment.
- Spread our programs internationally.
- Participatory audits.
- Teach trainers new skills and knowledge.
- Plan social theater in public places in order to create debate.
- Organize regional encounters.
- Plan festivals.
- Create cultural spaces.
We are part of 2 Latino-American networks: Ma(g)dalenas Teatro de las Oprimidas and RelaTO (Red Latino Americana de Teatro del Oprimido). We have worked with ONUSIDA, Unicef, Hivos and various internationals and locals partners.