Sayariy - Resurgiendo engages with people in vulnerable communities to empower them through various community, social justice, education and gender projects.
Can you spare 3 months from the beginning of March?
Sayariy-Resurgiendo is a Peruvian NGO working with people from disadvantaged communities, building safe spaces where children can grow up in an environment without violence but with respect and equality of opportunities. Have environmental awareness, as well as historical and cultural memory.
In Peru, English learning is a privilege for a few. In lower socio-economic communities there are even less resources at the schools to offer adequate teaching of optional subjects. With the international volunteer support base we provide English classes to the children in these areas.
Language is not only another tool but it also allows people to learn about differences, customs and cultures.
* Teach English in an engaging manner.
* Interact with the local teachers to improve knowledge and management.
* Provide a safe place for children to enjoy learning whilst promoting equality.
*Minimum 3 month commitment
*Min. 21 years old +
*Be dynamic and creative
*Enjoy being part of a team
*Gender equality awareness
*Ready to learn about new cultures
*Intermediate to advanced level of Spanish
*Good communication skills
*Arrival pick up at Trujillo
*Accommodation (private room)
*Training and on-going support
* Weekly Spanish classes
*Certificate upon completion
*Organised optional cultural activities (at extra cost)
*Discount with a LIma tout company.
$ 390.00 Initial Month
Sayariy-Resurgiendo has volunteer opportunities for grant writers to help fund projects for communities living in vulnerable and precarious situations. Bring your experience and talent to a meaningful cause and further your skills.
We are seeking enthusiastic Grant Writers to help us fund our organizational growth and development. The ideal candidates should be able to develop grant proposals with a gender equality focus, and research potential funders and partners. Have fundraising experience and be skilled in identifying, researching, cultivating, and soliciting new funders. The individuals must have the ability to deepen partnership relationships to encourage renewed and increased contributions. Candidates for this position must have knowledge of the nonprofit sector, particularly in the development and education fields. They should be able to produce grants with a gender equality focus.
• With the support of the Sayariy Management Team research, organize, write, and edit successful grant applications that exhibit strong expository writing skills, and a high-level command of grammar and spelling.
• Prepare and submit letters of inquiry, proposals, and grant requests to potential funders.
• Work well in a team environment as well as independently.
• Meet deadlines.
• Proactively research new sources of foundation, corporate, and government revenues.
• Maintain organized and accurate grant and prospect files detailing contacts, proposals, and donor communications.
• Understanding of our mission and organizational philosophy.
• Gender equality awareness.
• Excellent command of English language.
• Experience in writing funding proposals in the development and education fields in a clear, and concise manner.
• A high degree of professionalism with exceptional written, oral, and presentation skills.
• Experience using online funding resources, tools, and databases.
• Demonstrated knowledge of foundation, corporate, and govt funding.
Here you can find our Wish List.
El Porvenir is one of the oldest districts of Trujillo. It underwent a major economic growth in the late 80s, when most large shoe factories were forced to close in the country (as a result of the economic crisis and because of the strong competition from informal producers). Many factory workers from the city of Trujillo had their own shoemaking workshop in El Porvenir and therefore started producing and selling shoes from there. Most of the footwear in Peru have been created and produced in El Porvenir since then. It is now regarded as “The Capital of Shoes”.
This activity continues to attract many interior migrants who live outside the district, where the living conditions are far from adequate. When they settle down, the migrants – women, men and children – do not have any economic resources and live in invaded areas where there are no basic services and many needs. For such needs, we seek to work with the migrant families and to accompany them in their adaptation, growth and change. We help them build a new community and safe place to grow. It is the reason why they came to the city. But we also help them stay connected to their own culture.
Sayariy-Resurgiendo is a Peruvian NGO working with people from disadvantaged communities, building safe spaces where children can grow up in an environment without violence but with respect and equality of opportunities. Have environmental awareness, as well as historical and cultural memory. Our organization seeks to implement projects based on tolerance and equality, economic empowerment, teaching in local public schools and promoting gender equality.