The Azuero Earth Project is dedicated to reforestation, habitat restoration, sustainable land management and environmental education on the Azuero peninsula of Panama.
Reforestation in the field; nursery and organic garden management; environmental education; art (murals, creative signage, etc.); research on climate change impacts; bilingual website editing; graphic design; fundraising/grantwriting assistance; bilingual environmental communications; videography and photography help.
Costs generally include housing: $400 per month; food: $9-10 dollars/day; transportation: $40 per month; cell phone: $20 per month + any health/visa fees.
We provide a rapid and in-depth exposure to Azuero culture and conservation work, with meaningful volunteer experiences tailored to each volunteer's areas of interest.
- Graphic design - making memes, poster templates, pamphlets, invitations, etc.
- Website updating - adding text, pictures; fixing wordpress kinks.
- Document translation - translating reports, video subtitles and others from Spanish to English and vice versa.
- Research - research on impacts of climate change on dry areas of Central America; benefits of reforestation in farming communities; etc.
- Fundraising - assistance with grant tracking/writing; interactions with private sector, etc.
- Accounting assistance - advice/help on tracking expenses of NGO and annual budgets/reports.
- Editing - editing reports for grammar, grammar checking website, editing of web text.
- Grant writing - in collaboration with Executive Director, write grants to harness funding for NGO activities.
In-kind donations needed:
- GPS equipment.
- Water monitoring equipment.
- IPADs, smartphones and other equipment used to document data in the field.
The mission of the Azuero Earth Project is to preserve the earth’s ecosystems, protect biodiversity, and promote healthy communities by helping people to make informed decisions, take sustainable actions, and share knowledge. The Azuero Earth Project is dedicated to reforestation, habitat restoration, sustainable land management and environmental education on the Azuero peninsula of Panama.