Education, health care, alimentation, formation in different craftsmen ships (gardening, cooking, etc.) in different areas of Venezuela:
• Isla de Zapara, EDO Zulia (a free of charge canteen and craftsmen workshop)
• Colegio de Benposta with about 400 students and an apartment for 20 students (residents of Benposta) within the school
• Los Frailes, Zulia State
o free of charge canteen for 180 children
o health care centre, dentist, library, shop, multi-purpose hall, kitchen
o houses for 20-40 children from Benposta
o a day-care house for 50 children between the age of 0-6 years from Monday to Friday, where they get medical attention, healthy food and clothes
Benposta Venezuela is always looking for volunteers all year around except for holiday season (July-August). Otherwise we don’t have any fixed timetables and can accept volunteers all year around.
We ask the volunteer to stay for at least 3 months
Usually the volunteers are offered to change location during their stay to get to know different projects of Benposta Venezuela.
• Pick up service from Maracaibo, Venezuela (i.e. from the airport)
• Food (If you are a vegetarian, we need to check if it’s possible)
• Excursions when finished with the work (Needs to be asked for and discussed with staff in advance!)
• Personal enrichment, new experiences
Benposta is a non-profit-organization founded 1956 in Spain by Jesús César Silva Méndez. Benposta Venezuela was founded 1990. The organization enables kids living in a family-like environment where they are educated in various aspects of life (social, school, artistic etc.). The idea is a model-like society independent from race, sex, faith, social and national background.
The most important thing we need from a volunteer is flexibility and the will to help where needed. He/she needs to be able to cope with basic living conditions (Internet access only on weekends at the Benposta director's house, no running water in the projects, etc.)