Cambodian Hope Organization
We are an NGO working to build strong, independent, hope-filled communities
What We Need
We are looking for an enthusiastic volunteers to join the teaching team at Destiny Institute and Safe Haven School, our educational programmes which support CHO's work.
They will be in charge of coordinating the schedule and will be teaching 30 hours per week.
When & Who
What we Provide
- Experience life in a new culture and explore the sites of Cambodia, discover local markets and taste authentic Khmer cuisine
- Help vulnerable children have access to education in remote areas
- Build relationships with the staff as we work together to serve the community
- All food and accommodation provided
Other Ways to Help
We are looking for:
- Experience of teaching/coordinating ESL
- Facilitating teaching and learning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Knowledge of administration
- Basic IT and skills (social media skills are also desirable)
- Christian faith
Additional Info about Us
We are a Christian NGO based in Poipet, an area located on the Thai-Cambodia border, well known for migration, trafficking and gambling. We believe we are called by the Lord to bring hope to the local community and facilitate sustainable change. We aim to empower families to generate an income, helping them to become independent. In this way the community lifts themselves out of poverty and is equipped for their future. Please contact us via email if interested.