Non-governmental and non-profit Organization, aiming to build a viable and sustained community where people embrace trust, solidarity, and respect.
You will work under the supervision of the Executive Director and will liaise with and support the various programmes of the organization. During your time as a communications volunteer, here are some of the things you will be involved with:
- Supporting various programmes and gaining an understanding of what each one does
- Writing and proofreading emails
- Report writing
- Assisting in creating organizational strategies
- Assisting in monitoring and evaluating programmes
- Supporting the marketing and fundraising team
- Creating and editing website content
- Social media
- Creating and updating promotional materials which explain our work
- Support the team to recruit the volunteer, staff to the programs and organization
- Possible interaction with local press and other organizations
- Participating in and representing CVCD at local events
- A host of other activities which the team may need your support or lead on
Please note that there is no requirement to make any payment to CVCD for this volunteer position.
- 100 tables for children
- 10 computer laptops for students to learn ICT
- Library for students to read books
Cambodian Volunteers for Community Development (CVCD) was established on the 25th of December 1992 by a group of local Khmer students, who were at the time studying English behind the Royal Palace in Phnom Penh. Mr. Peter Pond and his foster Khmer-American son, Mr. Arn Chorn-Pond, supported these local youth to establish an organization that would educate and empower poor people, while encouraging them to become active volunteers in their communities. The youth named the organization “Cambodian Volunteers for Community Development”. CVCD was acknowledged on September 22, 1993 by His Majesty Norodom Sihanouk, Former King of the Kingdom of Cambodia and was registered with the Ministry of Interior on May 17, 1996.