CamConscious Tourism, a non-profit organisation, is looking for an Editor and Copy writter who shares our passion for wildlife and biodiversity protection to support our communication efforts in Cambodia. Join us if you want a truly immersive volunteering experience as part of a fun, supportive and passionate team!
Are you able to create dynamic content for a range of digital platforms? If so, then you are the talented writer/ web editor we are searching for!
Here are some of the tasks we need help with:
• Create compelling, informative content to feature on our website and Blog.
• Ensure all copy produced accurately reflects the brand values of our NGO
• Create copy for use in a range of email marketing campaigns
• Work with the Social Media Manager to help to create and promote engaging content across all social media channels, including tweets for Twitter and scripts for YouTube
• Ensure all copy produced is SEO-friendly
• Work with us to create an editorial and marketing calendar which falls in line with key events and trends
What We’re Looking For:
• High level of written English
• Strong writing and editorial skills
• Previous blogging and web copywriting experience desirable
• English, Journalism, Media or related degree (if possible)
• A passion for the international development and environment
• A good understanding/ or willingness to learn the complete digital marketing mix, particularly social media and SEO
• Flexible writing style
• Experience with WordPress desirable, but not necessary
This position relies on independent initiative and motivation to generate innovative ideas for presenting and reporting our messages through online material. The volunteer will be responsible for developing our blog, producing material about environmental and social benefits of eco-tourism/ community based tourism for the local communities and the local biodiversity.
CamConscious is a Cambodian-based international NGO solely focused on the development of sustainable tourism in Cambodia. We do not run our own eco-tourism sites or home-stay schemes, instead we focus on building the capacity of the sector and bring people together to achieve a greater impact for local communities and the environment. Our organisation strongly believes that sustainable tourism can be used as an effective tool for sustainable development. A tool that provides alternative livelihoods through sustainable community based tourism projects that increase income and reduce poverty for poor rural communities - especially for women and young people.
Our Objectives are:
Promote sustainable eco-tourism and community based tourism in Cambodia
Act as an information platform for local and international tourists and provide visitors with comprehensive information about ecotourism and community based tourism in Cambodia, and by doing so, help visitors to make informed choices about their planned visit in order to minimise the negative impact of tourism.
Build the capacity of individuals, local communities, CBO and NGOs to in order to build financially viable and sustainable models of eco-tourism and community based tourism in Cambodia.