CMIR works for the rights of Nepalese migrant workers and their families.
We need intern for these projects
-Legal and Paralegal Support to Migrant workers and their Families
-Pravasi Suchana Sathi (Migrant Information Companion)
-Research and Study
-Being A Migrant - a visual story telling initiative
-Migration Facts - a data visualization and open data initiative
We don't offer accommodation but we do help to find a good one.
We don't offer meal but you will get tea and coffee as reqired
There is a minimum fee of 150 USD per month for intern joining internship program.
- Anyone currently pursuing graduation studies.
- Students from any related field can apply for the fellowship program, however, preference is given to the students from the
field of sociology, law, social work, human rights, migrant rights, international relations or any such related field.
- Students required to author a research paper as a part of their academic course are highly encouraged to apply.
- Should have good communication skills in English language.
- Data analysis skills is highly preferred.
- Positive attitude and commitment with keen interest to learn and work in the environment of CMIR.
- Ability to interact with the individuals of different socio- cultural backgrounds, including willingness to try and understand
and be tolerant of differing views and opinions.
- Grant-making and fundraising volunteers/intern are encouraged to apply.
Center for Migration and International Relations (CMIR) is a not-for-profit institute working to ensure that rights of migrant workers and their families are respected, guaranteed, and fulfilled. In Nepal, CMIR is the first institute of involving all three groups: returnee migrant workers, migrant rights activists and researchers on a common platform. This enables CMIR to better understand the multi-faceted impact of migration and the dynamics of the society and thus, help to come with concrete humanitarian actions, policy recommendations, and enduring advocacy efforts in national, regional, and international level.