Empowering underprivileged children in underserved communities by providing access to quality education; and to instill in them confidence and self-esteem to achieve better, brighter futures.
Child Survival Aid Ghana (CSAG) is a local non-profit organization that is dedicated to assisting underprivileged children in rural communities to achieve their full potential with the assistance and support they need in education. Driven by the belief that education is a basic human right, Child Survival Aid Ghana efforts is to provide underprivileged children in underserved communities’ access to quality education.
Child Survival Aid Ghana accords respect to the fundamental rights, dignity and worth of all children. We believe that children should be treated compassionately with dignity, consideration and must be provided with the support that will appropriately meet their needs, expectations and help them develop their future talents.
Child Survival Aid Ghana sees it as core duty to improve the learning, teaching, reading and education of underprivileged children in rural communities in Ghana.
The Volunteer Program allows you to work hands-in hand with underprivileged children in school, providing each child with your love, care, and attention. Sadly, most of these facilities are poorly resourced and under-staffed lack teachers, compassionate volunteers are desperately needed to help provide teaching to children. The volunteer daily activities are follows:
• Provide teaching service to school children from nursery school, primary school, junior high school and senior high school.
• Provide In-Service Training to teachers and head of primary schools.
• Provide career guidance and counseling services to school children and young adults.
• Developing proposals for fund raising in support of our programs.
• Teach children English, maths, science and other related subjects
• Environmental education
• HIV/AIDS education
• Spend quality time with the children listening and talking
• Help the children with reading and their home work
• Teach computer skills
• Teach the children games and sports
• Teach music, art and/or drama
• Inauguration a school Environmental Club
• Child rights education and many others.
When: We need volunteers for the following dates and months stated below.
1st School Break
Starting Date: September to December
School Holiday: December to January
2nd School Break:
Starting Date: January to April
School Holiday: April to May
3rd School Break
Starting Date: May to August
School Holiday: August to September
Secondly the volunteers can also tell us the time available to them.
Duration: Length of Stay open to the number of days the volunteer want to stay-.
Accommodation will be provided to volunteers at their place of their placement. They will be staying with Ghanaian host family in the communities, most of them have experience with volunteers and will give you all the necessary advice and support they need to feel comfortable at home.
The volunteer cost is € 550 per month. We ask volunteers to contribute towards their living expenses while they work with CSAG. The contribution will cover accommodation costs and meals duration their stay.
Emmanuel Adika Benedict- Founder and Director