CHD is a small organization based-community that is currently focusing on education project. We are always looking for volunteers who can help teach the children English, computer skills. We are also looking for volunteers who could fund raise to support the school. Your fund raising would be welcome and much appreciated to support the project.
CHD is open all year round, except in the second and third of April, we take a break during that time, because it is our Khmer New Year.
The minimum of stay for volunteers is two weeks. The longer volunteers stay, the better volunteers get experiences. CHD could organize a certificate of appreciation for volunteers if they could stay longer.
Volunteers should be responsible themselves for their own food, accommodation and transportation.
- Accommodation: volunteers could stay at the guesthouse in Takeo. The price of a room with fan is 6 dollars per night and a room with air-con costs 12 dollars per night.
- Food: volunteers would pay from 2 dollars per meal.
- Transportation: Volunteers should rent a bike to go to volunteer, as CHD is located approximately 10 km from Takeo town.
CHD was founded in 2010 to assist children out of illiteracy, create opportunities for them and contribute to the development of Cambodian society
Volunteers should not pay anything for volunteering. Volunteers are required to pay an application fee of $50 USD which covers administration and travel costs in arranging the volunteer’s opportunity (including orientation to Takeo and Po Village).
- CHD welcomes both short and long-term volunteers who have a real desire to make a difference in the lives of others and feel good about what they have to give. Volunteers can teach English, support environmental education, or assist other projects, such as the Library and Volunteer Guesthouse projects. We encourage volunteers to discuss their ideas and skills with us, so we can accommodate them and their plans. This is an opportunity for volunteers to have a truly rewarding experience as they are immersed in Cambodian culture. By making their opportunity at CHD the main reason for their trip, volunteers can invest their time in the service of teaching and supporting the children of CHD and the broader community of Po Village.
- Volunteers are required to complete the Volunteer Application Form and supply a copy of their driver’s license, passport and a police Criminal Record Check from their country of origin. In addition, volunteers are required to read, acknowledge and adhere to CHD’s Child Protection Policy and familiarize themselves with CHD’s Volunteer Handbook.