What We Need
Our Primary School operates Monday to Friday teaching English and Computer, from Kindergarten to year 6.
We do welcome support from teachers, swimming instructors, first aiders, gardeners, as well as volunteers for manual work. We also need helpers to get involved with our English Club, where we practice English conversation.
You can also help deliver the safe drinking water in our truck to the squatter villages, this occurs 4 days a week.
Networking and Marketing support needed as well.
When & Who
What we Provide
One Volunteer House (Dormitory room) with 2 double bunks, fans and outside bathroom with H/W.
Four Guesthouse (Motel style) private accommodation rooms. Each unit has one large room and western style en-suite bathroom with TV, A/C, H/W, Fan. Up to four people in a room.
Breakfast: tea or coffee, toast, jam, fruit.
Lunch: Khmer style on school days.
Safe drinking water provided.
US$15 per person per night in our Volunteer House (Dormitory room, max 4 beds) includes light breakfast every morning, and Khmer lunch weekdays, safe drinking water, bicycle tour and river cruise.
Our 4 private en-suite rooms are US$30 per night for a single add US$5 for each extra person. Configuration of single and queen size beds available, includes the same meals and activities as listed above
As we are in the countryside some 2 hours out of Phnom Penh the cost of your initial transport to and from Phnom Penh is included in your fees.
More Services we Offer
1. Included is a sunset river cruise on our 50 foot boat, take a dip in the Bassac River while BBQ dinner is being prepared. Meal and drinks not included. About 3-4 hours.
2. Khmer cooking class, visit the local market where we purchase supplies then return to CHOICE for the cooking class. US$25pp. . About 3 hours.
3. Also included is a great bicycle tour along a quiet tree lined lane way, very little traffic and lots of smiling faces as you pass by. Located on the Island opposite our Restaurant we visit a lovely Pagoda then on to a quaint rural village and tip of the Island. About 3 hours.
4. Occasionally visitors can attend festivals and weddings.
5. Bikes available for hire most times at US$1.
Other Ways to Help
Marketing, Networking, Helpers, Children's clothing, child sponsorship, donations.
Additional Info about Us
Principle, Teachers, cooks, drivers, cleaners, security.
CHOICE is an NGO in Cambodia and registered as a non-profit Charity in Australia, England and Germany.
We are not affiliated with any religion.
All profits from your stay go towards the operating costs of our School.
Visa's for Cambodia can be acquired on arrival and extended by one month.
Charitable Humanitarian Organization In Cambodia by Expats
“CHOICE Cambodia is a registered Non-Profit Organization, founded by expatriates in 2006. The team all volunteers, strive to make a difference to the extremely poor and disadvantaged people of Cambodia. C.H.O.I.C.E classify the extreme poor as those Khmers who are homeless, or have no land and no adequate health-care, they do not have the resources to provide for themselves. CHOICE is driven by a very strong commitment to keep families together, rather than allow poverty to separate the children from their families and to prevent exploitation.”
We provide free support in the following area's.