We are looking for volunteers to run our child sponsorship program, work in administration, teaching Mathematics, Science, English, ICT, Physical education & doing fundraising for the school.
We provide our volunteers with accommodation, meals & transport within the volunteer contributions.
Transport Cost Per Month $ 260
Meals Cost Per Month $400
Medical Cost per Month $200
Accommodation Cost Per Month $ 600
Raise Child Sponsors & also updating our website & Facebook page
Tour to Victoria Falls. One of seven wonders of the World
The School needs School Supplies I.e Books, Markers, Balls, skipping ropes, School pool Vehicle, Teachers Textbooks, internet Facilities, construction of a staff room, construction of eught more classrooms & food supplies for children school lunch.
Teaching Grades 8 & 9 is the primary duty of the volunteers. However, we do have many duties i.e Handling Physical Education, Website update & fundraising, help develop teachers
Our school is an examination centre for grades Eight & Nine. It has also a Tax Rebate status.
April, August and December are school holidays. So there is less work in the general operations. During this months, we may need administrative & Fundraising volunteers
DESTINY SCHOOL TODAY
Destiny community school was found 2001 with the core objectives of providing education to the most disadvantaged children in our community. And so Destiny was started as a quick community response to the suffering of the so many vulnerable children. Since then Destiny has been awarded with both a legal status and public benefit recognition by the Zambian Government. Our programs run from nursery, primary through to junior secondary. We believe in and advocate for an education that is designed to promote the spiritual, intellectual, cultural and moral development of students in the Christian tradition
In the past 16 years of existence, over 8,000 children cumulatively have obtained their education from Destiny school. We do have plans to reach grade twelve and also at some point we are ambitious to provide college education.
Our school has scored a great deal of achievements. Here are some of the achievements Destiny has recorded:
1. We boast of good student performance and high scores for all our examination classes which stand at 90% pass rate.
2. We have provided a conducive and safe learning environment for all our children.
3. Some of our first students have finished their secondary education and have pursued college education. A number of them are now working. Hence saying goodbye to poverty.
4. We have also provided life skills to some girls’ school dropouts and widows.
5. Destiny has been instrumental to the recovery through strategic partnerships to most of the children who were born HIV positive and were on the death beds.
6. We also engage the community in finding ways of overcoming poverty through entrepreneur workshops and forming community savings groups.
To achieve our goals and Aims, we used a variety of strategies and methods In Child identification, enrollment, learning and retention of school children. Some of methods used are:
1. We advertisement the available school places to the members of the public through flyers and other public interactive platforms.
2. A special team of teachers have been assigned with the task of visiting the children in the community to seek those that are out of school due to the unfortunate circumstances surrounding their lives.
3. Community Members also are engaged to work with the school in identifying vulnerable children.
4. All parents, guardians and caregivers sign an agreement form to let their children attend school regularly and remain in the school.
5. The school has been following the curriculum that has been prepared and approved by the Ministry of General Education.
6. The teaching and assessment of the leaners in the school is the responsibility of the teachers who prepare progress charts, termly school reports and annual reports.
Destiny School is therefore a new solution to the old problem of poverty. It is education that puts a child on a better footing to face the future with confidence. Consider partnering with us by either a onetime support or by sponsoring a child. Contact us for more information on Donations or Child Sponsorship.