Our mission is to support disadvantaged local communities by using volunteers from all over the world.
We are a non-government/non-profit organization established on June 10, 2014. We are registered at the District Administration Office, Kathmandu (Registration number: 851) and have an affiliation with the Social Welfare Council of Nepal (Registration number: 39566). We are a growing team, our dedicated staff and growing number of international volunteers have already made a positive impact on the communities. Local resources and local knowledge are important assets for our organization and we always emphasize their use.
Our main goals are:
• Work alongside volunteers to support disadvantaged local communities.
• Enable visitors to Nepal to participate in voluntary activities that fit with their skills and timelines.
• Provide opportunities for foreign travelers to enjoy local culture and traditions, whilst giving something positive back to the community.
• Support the local economy through responsible travel.
• Assist volunteers in learning new skills also giving them a voice to help shape our Ecoreach Foundation.
The main scope of the Ecoreach Foundation are:
• Promotion of alternative energy; agroforestry and livestock based integrated agriculture; organic farming; volunteering in the nature conservation; development of Eco-tourism and green village
• Conservation of natural resources, the land and water resources and its biodiversity
• Community work and services
• Disaster risk management
Ecoreach Foundation is looking for volunteers in different community development projects in Nepal. Most of the projects involve social work, healthcare, education, eco-building and skills-based training. Volunteers with innovative ideas and willingness to help people are welcome to apply. Currently, we accept volunteers in following areas:
• Building mud huts with locally sourced materials like clay soil, straw and bamboo for the earthquake affected outcaste community.
• Teaching English for the children of outcaste community living in a village nearby Kathmandu.
• Working on the community farms run by Ecoreach.
• Teaching personal hygiene and nutrition to the women and children of the disadvantaged communities.
• Women's empowerment training.
• Developing concepts on promotion of eco-tourism in Nepal
In addition, to getting an opportunity to serve the communities in need, volunteers will get following benefits:
• Immersing oneself in a diverse Nepalese culture.
• Visit great historical sites (several UNESCO world heritage sites).
• Enjoy the nature and hills of Himalaya.
• Create measurable difference and impact in the community they work in.
• Enrich your CV.
• Learn new things.
• Create international network.
• Gain new practical experiences.
• Gain in-depth field training.
• Access to quality mentorship and evaluation on a self-directed project.
• Quality leadership skills.
• Interpersonal skills including teamwork and collaboration.
Volunteers for the program must:
• Be 18 years or older
• Have no major health problems
• Be eligible to obtain a tourist visa to Nepal
• Flexible, Committed and adjustable
Volunteers are expected to have a working knowledge of English language.
Our package includes food, accommodation, airport pick up, project fixing, pre resource kits, orientation, training and field visits, administration, project contribution and the support of our staff at home and at your destination.
$ 150/week (up to 2 weeks)
$ 120/week (3-4 weeks)
$ 100/week (more than 4 weeks)
We are looking for online volunteers who can further improve our website. We also seek volunteers for editing content of our web page. Volunteers having skills on grant writing and fundraising can apply for grant writing and fundraising.