Ecoreach Foundation is an NGO dedicated to saving the environment and empowering farmers.
Ecoreach Foundation is looking for volunteers in different community development projects in Nepal. Most of the projects involve social work, healthcare, education, eco-building, and skills-based training. Volunteers with innovative ideas and a willingness to help people are welcome to apply.
Currently, we accept volunteers in following areas:
- Building mud huts with locally sourced materials like clay soil, straw, and bamboo for earthquake-affected communities
- Teaching English to the children of an outcast community living in a village nearby Kathmandu
- Working on community farms run by Ecoreach
- Teaching personal hygiene and nutrition to women and children of disadvantaged communities
- Helping with women empowerment training
- Developing concepts on promotion of eco-tourism in Nepal.
In addition to getting an opportunity to serve the communities in need, volunteers will receive the following benefits:
- Immersing oneself in a diverse Nepalese culture
- Visiting great historical sites (several UNESCO world heritage sites)
- Enjoying the nature and hills of the Himalaya
- Creating a measurable difference in the community
- Enriching one's CV
- Creating an international network
- Gaining new practical experiences and in-depth field training
- Obtaining quality mentorship and evaluation on a self-directed project
- Improving interpersonal skills including teamwork and collaboration
Volunteers for the program must be/have:
- 18 years or older
- Eligible to obtain a tourist visa to Nepal
- Flexible, committed and adjustable
- No major health problems
- A working knowledge of the English language
$ 150/week (up to 2 weeks)
$ 120/week (3-4 weeks)
$ 100/week (more than 4 weeks)
Our package includes food, accommodation, airport pick up, project fixing, pre-resource kits, orientation, training and field visits, administration, project contribution and the support of our staff at home and at your destination.
We are looking for online volunteers who can further improve our website. We also seek volunteers for editing content of our web page. Volunteers having skills on grant writing and fundraising can apply for grant writing and fundraising.
- Handy tools to build huts (green buildings)
- Old laptops in working conditions
- Educational materials
- Clothes and tents for kids in slums
We are a non-government/non-profit organization established on June 10, 2014. We are registered at the District Administration Office, Kathmandu (Registration number: 851) and have an affiliation with the Social Welfare Council of Nepal (Registration number: 39566). We are a growing team, our dedicated staff and a growing number of international volunteers have already made a positive impact on the communities. Local resources and local knowledge are important assets for our organization and we always emphasize their use.
- Work alongside volunteers to support disadvantaged local communities
- Enable visitors to Nepal to participate in voluntary activities that fit with their skills and timelines
- Provide opportunities for foreign travelers to enjoy local culture and traditions, whilst giving something positive back to the community
- Support the local economy through responsible travel
- Assist volunteers in learning new skills also giving them a voice to help shape our Ecoreach Foundation
- Promote alternative energy; agroforestry and livestock based integrated agriculture; organic farming; volunteering in the nature conservation; develop eco-tourism and green village
- Conserve natural resources, including land and water resources, and biodiversity
- Community work and services
- Disaster risk management