EKisande Rural Development Centre Bwera, UG
What We Need
We are interested in partnership with international volunteers for short as well as long term service in the following areas:
- Volunteer teachers and administrators at our community primary school and college.
- Childcare trainer and child protection policy making.
- Healthcare (community disease preventative health education).
- Construction of our community schools.
- Sports for rural youth.
- Rural women group empowerment projects.
The setup and environment for our projects is within the beautiful African rural setup, where the volunteers will be in contact with the wonderful and naturally hospitable people. Very simple life, so organic with natural food and fresh environment. The volunteer/volunteers will encounter the African cultural heritage to its excellence. Moreover, sharing and linking us with their wonderful cultural heritage and values.
When & Who
What we Provide
Lunch and break tea is provided at work.
Our focus IS NOT on your fees or the money you will donate or pay to us but your presence and humanitarian services.
Fees for all expenses of the volunteer can be paid at once or in installments.
We are a very flexible team and human service-oriented.
More Services we Offer
We provide an ecotourism experiences with a truly African village touch. We organize an African home experience over the weekends.
Other Ways to support us
Great moment to connect with our community services and projects
Our organization needs the following:
1. Medical supplies (5 boxes).
2. Children and women clothes (10 bags).
3. Children's learning and playing materials (20 sacks).
4. Tool boxes for skills training in motor vehicle, carpentry, metal fabrication and music production and recording (5 tool boxes for each).
6. Sports materials (uniforms, all types of balls, ropes, boots), open to what one is able to donate to us.
7. Farm/gardening materials.
8. Vehicle for our community project outreach activities.
Additional Info about Us
We have teams in all our projects to work and take care of the volunteer/s
We arrange for Safaris for all our volunteers and guests.
Uganda is such an amazing and beautiful country.
We at EKisande Rural Development Centre will be so grateful and excited to host a volunteer or a team of volunteers.
Yes. Summer and weekend volunteer services like medical camps, sports and child games.
EKisande Rural Development Center (ERUDEC UG) is a social economic empowerment non-profit organization that is fully registered in Uganda. Our activities fall under four themes: hope, health, education, and conserving the environment.
Our mission is to empower the rural communities through hope for a better future, primary health care, quality primary education, vocational skills training, sports for rural youth, income generating activities that will uplift the living standards of rural women and female youth and local community environmental conservation.
We have established and run the following projects:
1. New Covenant Rural Poor Children's Community School. This is a day school for basic primary education with a Christian focus. Children do not stay overnight, they live with their foster families.
2. Mama Sabina Rural Community Health Center . This focuses on rural maternal child health care services.
3. Van Merode College of Applied Science & Technology. This teaches life skills training and empowerment.
4. Mama Sabina Rural Women Development Initiatives. Rural women life improvement.
5. EKisande Amazing Safaris & Tours. Ecotourism and job creation.
However, we are still struggling to have these projects grow and get well-established.