End Malaria Now
End Malaria Now's mission is to raise consciousness and funding to fight and eradicate malaria, the largest known killer of children under the age of 5 in Africa. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, as they say - it is by far easier to stop something from happening in the first place
What We Need
End Malaria Now is seeking motivated, hard-working and responsible college students or young professionals looking to gain experience working with a nonprofit. Prior volunteer experience is not a requirement, but we do require you to have a strong work ethic and willingness to learn. A potential intern should be comfortable working independently, but also working with a team and a supervisor.
This intern position will provide someone with substantial experience in nonprofit development and management, grant writing, events planning, researching donor prospects, solicitation strategizing, in addition to gaining valuable office working experience. We are looking for an enthusiastic, out-going intern to assist the organization.
* Research, contact, and communicate with potential donors
*Write and design reports and sales tools for End Malaria Now team, partners and funding prospects.
* Maintain relationships with current donors
* Communicate with college and high school EMN chapters and coordinate events
* Assist in research and grant writing
* Generate fundraising income through campaigns and events targeting foundations, corporations, civic groups, creating sister chapters in universities, colleges and high schools, churches and with individual donors
*Interest in international public heath, international development or related fields
*Extremely committed to our mission of building a movement
* Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel and Word. Photoshop or other design experience is a definite plus.
* Demonstrate the highest standards and professionalism and civility
* Detail-oriented and are able to multi-task many different tasks
* Strong writing, research, communication and critical thinking skills
When & Who
No reviews yet.
Additional Info about Us
Richard Harding is a founding member and CEO of End Malaria Now. As a film producer and President of Sixth Sense Productions, a Film and Television Company based in Los Angeles, California, he has used his connection in the film industry to spur awareness and raise resources to help prevent the transmission of malaria. With fundraising events and grassroots efforts, “End Malaria Now is changing and making a difference one bed net a time.”
Richard’s first big venture was playing a key role in financing the 2005 Academy Award and Golden Globe nominated film, Hotel Rwanda and his most acclaimed accomplishment to date is producing The First Grader, which was released in theaters May 2011.
In 2009, while filming The First Grader in Kenya, Richard was hit hard by the devastating and deplorable conditions in Africa caused by the deadly disease Malaria.“The toll it has on African children under the age of five is inconceivable and nonsensical.” Moreover, as a native from Freetown, Sierra Leone in West Africa, Richard has seen the country at its best and after returning for a visit in 2010, he was exposed to the country’s poorest conditions. From a once beautiful country, to the aftermath of a civil war; the country is in the state of extreme poverty, plagued with life-threatening diseases, especially Malaria. “My primary mission is to help End Malaria Now; and spur movement towards change for a better way of living.”