ENVenture empowers rural Community Based Organizations (CBOs) to learn business skills to launch sustainable clean energy enterprises.
- Teach how to conduct market research to determine uptake and price points.
- Develop relationships with local clean energy manufacturers to help set up order processing and delivery.
- Accounts manage ENVenture’s loan to the CBO to ensure that all receipts, invoices, and purchase orders are accounted for and shared with ENVenture.
- Work with the CBO staff to create a marketing campaign around the enterprise.
- Help determine future orders, costs, profitability, and margins, as well as cash flow.
- Maintain progress reports with ENVenture, and at the end of the position, submit a summary of all work done during the time with ENVenture and the local partner.
- Help CBOs grow sales.
Accommodation in the village of placement.
Personal accident health coverage during placement.
Online business course training on working with base of pyramid consumers.
Participation at our bootcamp in Kampala (transport, lunch, and accommodation) for two nights.
Joining the ENVenture network and making direct connections with clean energy access companies and connecting with other Fellows from around the world.
Opportunity to work in an impact-driven start-up!
Local Fellows only: Transportation to and from village site.
International Fellows only: 3-month Visa
airfare, vaccinations, meals, airtime, data, phone, computer, trips home, or spending cash, medical travel insurance.
Remote business advisors to our CBO partners
Degree in Business Administration, International Development, or relevant.
Keen interest in clean energy technologies.
Previous experience working in developing countries preferred, but not required.
Able to live in a challenging environment and work in places without electricity and amenities.
Have an open mind - you are there not only to advise, but to learn!
We are seeking Business Development Fellows that will act as a business coach for our rural CBO partners to enable them to launch a sustainable enterprise selling clean energy technologies across Uganda. You will be based at their village location site and you will gain first-hand experience on rural entrepreneurship. You will work closely with the Executive Director of the CBO to advise on how to establish an enterprise that sells small-scale clean energy products, including but not limited to solar lights, solar home systems, improved cookstoves, fuel briquettes, and water filters. Placement is for a minimum of 3 months.
ENVenture is a Ugandan registered business incubator that empowers rural Community Based Organizations (CBOs) to learn business skills to launch sustainable clean energy enterprises. Incubatees receive a revolving loan and a business coach that mentors them in launching the business, taking the business concept from idea to execution.