We provide rural communities with resources to launch clean energy enterprises.
What We Need
We need volunteers who can...
- Teach how to conduct market research in order to determine uptake and price points.
- Develop relationships with local clean energy manufacturers to help set up order processing and delivery.
- Manage ENVenture's loans to the CBOs in order to ensure that all receipts, invoices, and purchase orders are accounted for and shared with ENVenture.
- Work with the CBO staff to create marketing campaigns around the enterprise.
- Help determine future orders, costs, profitability, and margins, as well as cash flow.
- Maintain progress reports with ENVenture, and at the end of the position, submit a summary of all work done during the time with ENVenture and local partners.
- Help the CBOs grow sales.
When & Who
- Summer: June - August.
- Fall: October - December.
What we Provide
We provide accommodation in the village of placement, as well as:
- Personal accident health coverage during placement.
- Online business course training on working with a base of pyramid consumers.
- Participation at our bootcamp in Kampala (transport, lunch, and accommodation take care of) for two nights.
- Joining the ENVenture network and make direct connections with clean energy access companies, and connecting with other Fellows from around the world.
Local Fellows will also receive transportation to and from the village site.
International Fellows will receive a 3 month visa.
Additional Info about Us
We are seeking Business Development Fellows that will act as a business coach for our rural CBO partners to enable them to launch a sustainable enterprise selling clean energy technologies across Uganda. You will be based at their village location site and you will gain first-hand experience on rural entrepreneurship. You will work closely with the Executive Director of the CBO to advise on how to establish an enterprise that sells small-scale clean energy products, including but not limited to solar lights, solar home systems, improved cookstoves, fuel briquettes, and water filters. Placement is for a minimum of 3 months.
ENVenture is a Ugandan registered business incubator that empowers rural Community Based Organizations (CBOs) to learn business skills to launch sustainable clean energy enterprises. Incubatees receive a revolving loan and a business coach that mentors them in launching the business, taking the business concept from idea to execution.