We need mentors willing to sacrifice their time to offer love and support to our youth. Although experience in the fashion or beauty industry is great, it is not a requirement!
We need you throughout 2017, and we can work together on an agreement that suits your time capacity to serve with us!
We sometimes provide college credit, depending on the nature of the volunteer's role and service provided.
What you can expect from staff:
Information about the responsibilities, time commitment, and duties before accepting any position.
• Receive orientation, training, and supervision for the jobs accepted.
• Expect that their time will not be wasted by lack of planning, coordination and cooperation within the organization.
• Assignments that are worthwhile and challenging, with freedom to use existing skills or to develop new ones.
• Expression of appreciation and recognition.
• Meaningful experiences providing opportunities for personal growth.
• Reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses for necessary materials for individualized activities, with prior approval from Program Director.
• A spirit of friendliness and cooperation.
• An example from leadership of our core values.
First and foremost, we need money! Just like you need money to survive, so do the youth we serve. Any individual good at fundraising, grant-writing, etc. is an asset to our team! We also need a computer guru who knows how to track data, research KPI's and assist in creating a dashboard. In regards to accounting assistance, we are currently working on our books for 2016 and looking for an intern to help our Treasurer in completing this task- a job that can be potentially completed in a month.Contact Us for More Info
The Freedom and Fashion Mentorship Program exists to empower and transform those it serves, taking each student from a place of discouragement and brokenness to a reality of power and inspiration. Above learning the marketable skills of fashion design and beauty artistry, our youth are provided with a new way to look at themselves, their pasts, and their future. By infusing these practical lessons with important conversations about self image, leadership, the power of choice, etc, and exercising the right hemisphere of the brain, it has been proven that students break through unhealthy cycles, heal from past traumas, and experience freedom.
After each program we come together in celebration and support them in their overcoming and completion of the program by hosting fashion shows that debut the mentees collection, which simultaneously serves as an awareness platform. Our program opens the door for job opportunities, internships, and scholarships as well as provides students with school clothes and a long-term support network.
School Clothes for our youth- only accepting new clothing. These youth have never had the best of anything, and we want to provide them with new clothing!