Fundación Bolivia Digna
Bolivia Digna is a NGO with the objective to promote and defend the rights of infants, children, adolescents, senior citizens and other vulnerable social groups living in exclusion and poverty.
What We Need
Since 2014 Bolivia Digna has been working in communities. Starting from a mobile school and sports equipment, has created its own centers with recreative activities for children aged 2 to 18 years old. We are now on-site every afternoon from Monday to Friday.
Our activities in the community centers :
• Pre-school: we take care of children in between 2 and 6 years-old doing recreational and educational activities with them;
• English school: twice a week twice a week English classes with games in order to improve the children’s education and also to let them gain confidence in practicing and speaking another language;
• Homework help: every day some children are coming to the centers with their homeworks. We support and motivate them explaining their studies;
• Sports school: many children and adolescents have an interest in sport. We aim to help increase the self-esteem of young people by using sport as a tool to teach values.
• Creative projects: it is the moment for the children to learn skills and demonstrate talents that are not immediately “useful” or lie outside the formal school curriculum. We fill these gap by running projects which try
to captivate, entertain and inspire the children.
• Health and Nutrition: many of the children live in communities or housing that lack clean water for drinking. Their diet is often very poor and the hygiene standards are generally low. We try to improve the immediate situation for the kids and educate them at the matter.
• Community projects: in general, anything that benefits the community benefits the kids. We therefore initiate, facilitate or otherwise assist with projects that improve the living conditions or status of the communities.
Our partners : a day care centers for children who have at least one parent in prison, a school and orphanage, a hospital for children... So we need educators and also professionals of health and psychologist; or you can help us with fundraising, communication and administration.
When & Who
What we Provide
We propose accomodation in one of the two Volunteers House, in a shared or private bedroom (with shared bathrooms) in the center of Cochabamba. In addition, there is also the possibility to stay in a Host Family, too.
All the breakfasts and lunches are included from Monday to Friday.
450$ for a private room
390$ for a shared room
470$ for Host Family (All meals included)
No reviews yet.
More Services we Offer
24h/7d emergency contact in case of issue/problem
Other Ways to Help
We will be happy if you could bring material for our projects and/or for the children! This can include sports material (balls...), books, pens, paint, etc.
Additional Info about Us
Dante - Director
Sandra, Solène and Larissa - Educators and Responsibles of Projects
Francesco - Communication and Volunteers Manager
Esther and Soledad - House Keeper and Cooker
Vaccination : Yellow Fever mandatory only for the working visa. Highly recommended vaccinations : Epatite A and Tiphoys.
Touristic VISA is for 90 days (3 months). If you stay longer, you need a VISA "Objecto Determinado", we can help you.
Since 2007, we have been developing programs aimed at social development, the prevention of violence, the protection and defense of children who are victims of violence, education in Human Rights and Responsibilities, responsible leadership, and promotion of Christian values.