Fundación Bolivia Digna
Bolivia Digna is an NGO based in Cochabamba, Bolivia, founded in 2006. Its objective is to promote and defend the rights of children, adolescents and other vulnerable social groups living in exclusion and poverty.
What We Need
Since 2014 Bolivia Digna has been working in two communities, in the suburbs of Cochabamba. Starting from a mobile school and football games, Bolivia Digna has created its centers with fun and educational activities for children aged from 2 to 18 years old. Since its establishment, the NGO has implemented social development programmes that aim to prevent violence in marginalized neighborhoods and to protect and defend children, especially those who are victims of violence of all kinds.
Our activities in the community centers :
• Pre-school : we take care of children in between 2 and 6 years-old doing recreational and educational activities with them
• English school : twice a week, we provide English classes with games in order to improve the children’s education and also to let them gain confidence in practicing and speaking another language
• Homework help : every day some children are coming to the centers with their homeworks. We support them, help them with their lessons and homework
• Sports school : many children and adolescents have an interest in sport. We aim to help increase the self-esteem of young people by using sport as a tool to teach values
• Creative projects : it is the moment for children to learn skills and demonstrate talents that are not immediately “useful” or lie outside the formal school curriculum. We fill these gaps by running projects which try to captivate, entertain and inspire children
• Health and Nutrition : many of the children we work with live in communities or housing that lack clean water for drinking. Their diet is often very poor and the hygiene standards are generally low. We try to improve the immediate situation for the kids and educate them at the matter
• Community projects : in general, anything that benefits the community benefits the kids. We therefore initiate, facilitate or otherwise assist with projects that improve the living conditions or status of the communities
Regarding all of our projects, we mostly need educators, professionals of health and psychologists. You can also help us working in the office, doing fundraising, communication and administrative work.
When & Who
What we Provide
We propose one shared or private bedroom (with shared bathrooms) in one of our Volunteers House in the center of Cochabamba. There is also the possibility to stay in a Host Family.
All the breakfasts and lunches are included from Monday to Friday. Our cook can deal with any special diet.
450$ for a private room
390$ for a shared room
470$ for Host Family (All meals included)
No reviews yet.
More Services we Offer
24h/7d emergency contact in case of problem
Other Ways to Help
We would be delighted if you could bring material for our projects or for the children! This can include sport material, books, pens, painting ...
Additional Info about Us
Dante - Director
Solène and Larissa - Educators and Responsibles of Projects
Oriane - Communication and Volunteers Manager
Esther and Soledad - House Keeper and Cooker
Vaccination : Yellow Fever mandatory only for the working visa. Highly recommended vaccinations : Hepatitis A and Typhoid
The touristic VISA is free and um to 90 days. If you stay longer, you need a VISA "Objecto Determinado", we can help you with that.