Teaching at Kateete Primary school
Preaching and extending faith to the prisoners
To help in the establishment of tree nursery beds
Help in the running of day to day work of the organisation
Provide basic care and support to vulnerable children and to assist families of children with disabilities to start up income generating projects in order to fight household poverty.
self contained, Kitchen, living room, shower rooms
Breakfast, Lunch and dinner
The administration fee of $240 is paid monthly
Airport pickup at $100 each way
Fundraising, graphics design, posting about interesting projects we are working on, the communities we serving, the impact we have, and anything else that will get us more support!
10 white boards and makers
Bore hole at kateete primary school
Building materials for finishing and shuttering kateete primary school.
10 pcs of Computers for the computer class
Completion of the school pit latrine
Solar system for Kateete primary school
Category/description of visa Cost
Single entry US$ 50 per individual
Multiple entry visa 6-12 months US$ 100
Multiple entry visa 24 months US$ 150
Multiple entry visa 36 months US$ 200
Students (Entry Visa for students who are not nationals of East African Cooperation.) US$ 100
Teaching volunteer has three seasons of teaching per year. from Feb to may, season 1, from June to August, season 2, and from Sept to Dec, season 3.
GetWell Rehabilitation Centre is a community based organization located in Buikwe District whose main objective is to extend rehabilitative services to vulnerable children in Buikwe district between ages of 0-18 years. It has been discovered through research that the areas of Buikwe district have a big number of children affected by disabilities, ex-prisoners/ex-offenders, school dropouts among others.
• Children with various forms of disabilities are given access to Occupational therapy and physiotherapy services, epileptic medication, basic care, educational support, and nutritional support.
• Getwell Rehabilitation center is extending education to the vulnerable groups of people through a program called adoption at a distance. Especially the vulnerable children between primary one (p1) to primary seven (p7) in the area are given education by Kateete Primary School which is fully run and managed my Getwell Rehabilitation center. We also provide school uniform to the identified needy children, scholastic materials and lunch.
• Due to increasing number of prisoners in different prisons of Buikwe district, Getwell Rehabilitation Center is reaching out to prisoners through preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ to them, counseling etc. and also to create effective programs that will benefit the ex-prisoners to fulfill their basic needs and their future aspirations. GWRC has set up a fish model farm and a coffee plantation to help sensitize the ex-offenders about the modern agriculture, set up projects like piggery and poultry to also help the ex-prisoners and the community develop physically.
GetWell Rehabilitation Centre objectives
• Advocate for the rights of vulnerable groups and the youth in the district.
• Offer psychosocial and peer support to the needy children
• Steer campaign against illiteracy and promote youth talents through education, sports and drama. This has been done both in the community through different drama groups and at kateete primary school.
• Guide and nurture the youths to acquire external skills put them into practice for the fair and just society in the long run.
• Promoting the youths and protecting them through counseling for sound morals, self-respect in order to avoid the spread of AIDS/HIV.
• Setting up agricultural community program that will sensitize the community about modern agriculture that will help the community to overcome house hold poverty, and preserve the environment. Programs set up for the community include, an inter-cropped model farm of coffee, vanilla and bananas, sugar cane plantation, fish farm, Jerusalem piggery project and poultry farm.
• Organizing school holiday camps for youths and children. This is to help sensitizing the community about the spread of HIV/AIDS, conserving the nature by planting trees in the community, sensitizing the community about modern agriculture etc.
Getwell Rehabilitation centre is targeting the disabled and vulnerable children, teenage school dropouts (youths), widows, ex-prisoners, and elderly without relatives