Girls Education Mission International
What We Need
We need volunteers who will help in:
1. Promoting our #IamPossible Campaign on social media by sharing our Posts and inviting others to like our page and Join our the Campaign.
2. Mobilizing individuals to Purchase our Customized Campaign T-shirts.
3. Recruit Girls and Start and run in-or-out-of school monthly Club meeting known as the PossibilityLab.
5. Create a fundraiser to fund raise for our projects.
1. Be passionate to commit in the girls education and development with some knowledge about or experience working on the issues of Women and Girls.
2. Have Liked and follow all our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram LinkedIn etc)
3. Have any of the following social media presences; Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Instagram.
4. Have Liked and follows our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram LinkedIn etc.
5. Be willing to commit 8-10 hours per month to act in their role between.
6. Be able to mobilize people to join the Campaign by purchasing the Campaign Tshirts at ₦1500 and ₦2000? Volunteers will be given the Campaign Tshirt for you to wear throughout the Campaign Period.
7. Be able to Carryout the #IamPossible Campaign to schools identified between November 25th to December 10th 2019? Volunteers will be provided with guidelines to enable you facilitate the Campaign
8. Be able to identify at least three schools in the locality to reach out with the Campaign? Volunteers will be issued an support letter as need may be.
1. Volunteering with us is totally free. Volunteers will only receive a small stipend for their contributions as the need may be.
2. Volunteer may also get visibility and will be featured on the GEM website and in social media announcements for recognition of their work as a GEM Ambassador.
3. Active Volunteers may request a letter of confirmation and recommendation for their Volunteer role.
4. Applicants may also include an optional CV with their application (no more than 500 words maximum.)
5. Excellent performing Volunteers will be invited to the Headquarters of Girls Education Mission International for a Special exclusive training.
When & Who
What we Provide
Shared Acommandation available
There are available Varieties of Nigerian Food.
Volunteers are paid for a daily service render at our Head office in Jos Nigeria NGN300 ($1)
More Services we Offer
Other Ways to Help
We provide our Volunteers intensive 5 days learning opportunity at our Possibility lab that qualifies them to serve as recognized Ambassadors and Coordinators of our Activities in their respective Localities, communities, countries.
We need generous people who are willing to donate for the following items
1. Computers, Chairs and tables for our Possibility Lab.
2. Hilux Van or Bus to effective grassroots .
3. Landed Property to enable us set up a permanent center.
Additional Info about Us
Permanent staff goes to the office everyday. They ensure successful running of the day-to-day activities of the organization.
Onsite Volunteers coming from outside Nigeria to our Head Office are responsible for their Visa and cost of stay for the period they Volunteer.
Our short term Campaigns includes 16 days Campaign against Gender Violence. This Campaign takes place annually between November 25th to 10th December. We need Volunteers who can join us for the 16 Days Campaign either online by promoting our campaign via social media or onsite in their various communities or at our Head Office in Jos Nigeria.
We are Girls Education Mission International, a nonprofit organization legally registered with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC/IT/NO: (45818). We are also registered with Special Control Unit against Money Laundery (SCULM) of the Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) of the Federal Republic of Nigeria with registration number (RN:SC 321400084). GEM has Special Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) and is a credited member of the Nigerian Network of Nongovernmental organization (NNNGO) as well with the World Alliance for citizens participation (CIVICUS). Our Mission is to support girls in reaching their potentials focused on defending, protecting and promoting their right to education based on the following values.
10. Learning and Sharing