Global Minder Cameroon
No reviews yet.
Additional Info about Us
Globalminder Cameroon is an apolitical, non-profit making civil society organization which started in 2003 under the name Forestry and Environmental Conservation Society (FOECONS) with registration number G39/10/014/5/113/04 and legalized under country laws in 2004 and recognized under the law NO 90/053 of 19th December 1990 governing freedom of Associations in Cameroon. In 2017, a General Assembly (GA) resolution 16(a) changed its name FOECONS to Global Minder -Cameroon, with the same vision, mission and values.
Globalminder Cameroon specializes in working with people and communities to resolve their environmental and social concerns. It has established a unique portfolio of projects and set new standards of working in education, health, agriculture, community development and environmental concerns.
Globalminder Cameroon has developed a national responsibility because we believe that many of the challenges society now faces are of a global nature and will be most effectively addressed through understanding different views and perspectives, sharing ideas across philosophies and learning from each other to develop a locally appropriate response. We are currently running programmes such as: education,health,environment,agriculture and agroforestry . Globalminder Cameroon is at the heart of a growing network of community development organizations around the globe that work in a cooperative and supportive way to maximize their impact.
To create a long lasting positive and community –led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable communities.
To foster a vibrant,prosperous growing society(ies) through extraordinary community development.
Pragmatic; not campaigning.
Solutions cannot be learned from a textbook, they cannot be prescribed from the top down. Each situation is different, each is unique and each requires its own individual approach.
We work with all sectors of society to build and nurture an environment which enables people to develop effective solutions to environmental, Health, agricultural and social concerns.
Rather than imposing solutions, Globalminder Cameroon helps to develop people’s knowledge, skills and abilities in response to their needs.
1) Natural resource Management: Increasing the ability of local populations to benefit and contribute to natural resource management and conservation and focusing on activities that conserve and protect the local environment and helping to alleviate poverty for communities.
2) Agriculture and Food security: Promoting new and traditional approaches to increasing food security, food production and preservation, without losing on-farm biodiversity
3) Healthcare: Carry out activities and programs in basic healthcare, reproductive and maternal health, 4) Helping the disadvantage and underprivileged
5) Human Rights: Initiating, organizing and implementing human rights programs
6) Gender and Community Development: Promotion of Gender-Equality and Empowering of Women in economic activities and ending gender based violence
7) Environmental Sustainability: promote environmental sustainability in our communities.
8) Climate Change: To improve mitigation and adaptation of communities to climate change.
9) Education and Training: Promote education and training among youths and underprivileged communities.
10) Advocacy: Advocate for policies and regulations related gender and development and the improvement of natural resources,