We are a community development organization in Cambodia and a Guaranteed Member of the World Fair Trade Organization.
+ Short Version:
Work with local weavers and artisans in the design process of high quality organic and ethical textiles and fashion accessories made of natural-dyed and handwoven fabric.
+ Long Version:
Do you love designing and creating ethical fashion pieces and clothing? Are you ready to join a life-changing organization where your skills would go towards a meaningful cause? If so, YOU'RE THE RIGHT PERSON that Goel Community is looking for!
As a Fashion Designer, you are responsible for designing clothing material with the natural-dyed and hand-woven fabric by our marginalized weavers in Takeo province. You will have the opportunity to help to sustain the youth with fashion tips and sewing techniques. Your creativity is our gain!
- Produce concepts and makes sketches by hand or by software for creation of Goel Community clothing line
- Designs and assists with national and international trade fairs, fashion shows; also helps with styling, designing, and sewing
- Analyzing and stay abreast of current fashion trends
- Collaboration Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Proven ability to design, sew, etc. via portfolio
- Ability to work independently
- Teamwork Orientation
- You have background in Fashion Design or other related field or have relevant experience in design
- Portfolio presentation must be available upon request
- Experience producing materials for fashion shows and other related events a plus
- Nonprofit sector experience a plus
- Activate our social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc)
- Create interesting contents that lead to having many followers
- Work with management to set ongoing organizational social media structure and ways to create content to push out our stories and ideas
- Help us in the future fundraising campaign or suggest the ideas how could we do it better
- Help us in making concepts and format for our promotional materials such as flyers, postcard, etc