We are a community development organization in Cambodia and a Guaranteed Member of the World Fair Trade Organization.
Goel Community is a community development organization established in Cambodia in 2006. With the mission of providing economic opportunities the poor provincial villages in Cambodia. Goel Community started its first mission by reviving natural dye and weaving skills to young and sincere Cambodians from Takeo province.
Goel Community encourages the revival of the traditional processes of producing naturally grown and dyed materials as well as woven fabrics. We are one of the few organizations dealing only with natural dyes.
We are committed to provide economic opportunities for 120 weaving families in Cambodia. Since its establishment in 2006, our organization has provided jobs to farmers in poor provincial villages in the country, helped them learn craft production and improve the livelihoods of their families.
+ Short Version:
Work with local weavers and artisans in the design process of high quality organic and ethical textiles and fashion accessories made of natural-dyed and handwoven fabric.
+ Long Version:
Do you love designing and creating ethical fashion pieces and clothing? Are you ready to join a life-changing organization where your skills would go towards a meaningful cause? If so, YOU'RE THE RIGHT PERSON that Goel Community is looking for!
As a Fashion Designer, you are responsible for designing clothing material with the natural-dyed and hand-woven fabric by our marginalized weavers in Takeo province. You will have the opportunity to help to sustain the youth with fashion tips and sewing techniques. Your creativity is our gain!
- Produce concepts and makes sketches by hand or by software for creation of Goel Community clothing line
- Designs and assists with national and international trade fairs, fashion shows; also helps with styling, designing, and sewing
- Analyzing and stay abreast of current fashion trends
- Collaboration Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Proven ability to design, sew, etc. via portfolio
- Ability to work independently
- Teamwork Orientation
- You have background in Fashion Design or other related field or have relevant experience in design
- Portfolio presentation must be available upon request
- Experience producing materials for fashion shows and other related events a plus
- Nonprofit sector experience a plus
Accommodation: since we are not ready for providing the accommodation for our volunteer this time, we will help them to have an affordable accommodation as much as we can.
Meal: we provide one meal (lunch) for our volunteer. The meal will be in local food with our staff.
Airport pickup: Yes
Local Transportation: a bike is provided for transportation between your accommodation to the organization.
Pre-Departure Orientation and Onsite Training: Volunteers receive a comprehensive workshop on being a volunteer in the project, safety and security in the destination country, culture shock, and pre-departure preparations.
Support: 24/7 during your volunteering time.
- Activate our social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc)
- Create interesting contents that lead to having many followers
- Work with management to set ongoing organizational social media structure and ways to create content to push out our stories and ideas
- Help us in the future fundraising campaign or suggest the ideas how could we do it better
- Help us in making concepts and format for our promotional materials such as flyers, postcard, etc