Habitat for Humanity of Lake-Sumter is dedicated to serving Lake and Sumter counties in Central Florida. Our programs are specifically designed to meet the needs of our local communities, and will continue to evolve with them. We are your Hometown Habitat.
- Reports to the Director of Volunteer Services, Eustis Office
- Perform safe and proper use of tools including chop saw, hammers, measuring tape, etc.
- Contribute to the goals of the project by performing activities such as house wrap, siding, painting, door and window installation, cabinet and trim installation, landscaping, etc.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment, including organizing the worksite and tool trailers
- Learn and abide by all construction site safety requirements as outlined by site supervisor
- Perform and learn specific construction duties as assigned by the Site Supervisor
- Must be 18 years or older Ability to work outdoors on a weekly schedule Must have their own transportation to and from the project worksite
- Ability to organize and prioritize work while working independently with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with people Possess a desire to learn new skills in the construction field
We provide accommodation in our Domestic Global Village. You will live together with other volunteers and interns. The Domestic Global Village includes a volleyball court, basketball court, pool table, table tennis and a TV room.
600 dollars per month