- Reports to the Director of Volunteer Services, Eustis Office
- Perform safe and proper use of tools including chop saw, hammers, measuring tape, etc.
- Contribute to the goals of the project by performing activities such as house wrap, siding, painting, door and window installation, cabinet and trim installation, landscaping, etc.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment, including organizing the worksite and tool trailers
- Learn and abide by all construction site safety requirements as outlined by site supervisor
- Perform and learn specific construction duties as assigned by the Site Supervisor
- Must be 18 years or older Ability to work outdoors on a weekly schedule Must have their own transportation to and from the project worksite
- Ability to organize and prioritize work while working independently with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with people Possess a desire to learn new skills in the construction field
The internship duration may vary based on need and the student’s preference.
We provide accommodation in our Domestic Global Village. You will live together with other volunteers and interns. The Domestic Global Village includes a volleyball court, basketball court, pool table, table tennis and a TV room.
Habitat for Humanity of Lake County was founded in October of 1989 and provides affordable housing for the Lake and Sumter County.
In addition to the standard mission of “bringing people together to build homes, communities and hope,” Habitat of Lake-Sumter has been a leader in innovation to build a more stable and sustainable future for the homeowner and community. We have become an integral part of our two counties, bringing together government, private citizens, public and private companies for the betterment of the entire community. It is our goal to provide access and opportunity to affordable housing solutions for those who need it.
600 dollars per month