• This position would be ideal for an MPH student seeking hands-on experience in eye health or nutrition of an international health project.
• Highly computer literate. Proficient in using Excel / databases / STATA / SPSS / DHIS2.
• Excellent oral and written English language skills, including the ability to clearly document work and write reports.
• Ability to prioritize workload, assume responsibility for work, and follow through to completion.
• An ability to work in challenging and changing environments, and to see through challenges to find solutions.
Volunteers need to come for a minimum of 6 months.
HKI will not provide anything except for the logistical supports to the volunteers
help fund raise online for HKI Vietnam via media or online donation via HKI.org websiteContact Us for More Info
Helen Keller International is dedicated to combatting the causes and consequences of vision loss and making clear vision a reality for those most vulnerable to disease and who lack access to quality eye care.
We are also dedicated to combating the causes and consequences of malnutrition so that fewer people suffer loss of their productive years because they do not have enough of the right kinds of foods to eat.
There is a group of infectious diseases that many in the developed world rarely encounter or hear about. These are Neglected Tropical Diseases and are often referred to as Diseases of Poverty.
They include Trachoma, River Blindness, Intestinal Worms and other debilitating, painful, and sometimes deadly illnesses. According to the World Health Organization, these diseases infect one in six people, including half a billion children, and are responsible for more than 500,000 deaths each year.
Neglected Tropical Diseases are directly linked to continuing cycles of poverty. They can result in blindness, chronic pain, severe disability and malnutrition, keeping children from attending school and adults from being able to work, severely limiting economic productivity in some of the poorest communities in the world.
We also work on eye health, especially our CHildSight on the school based vision care services that brings education into focus.
No application fee is needed.
20 T-shirts-Size S-L
Cap hats: 20
Not sure if you can but we would need multivitamin for pregnant women, eyeglasses for students, trial lense boxes for our local health clinics so that they can refract their students and the communities