HelpAge Cambodia is a local nongovernmental organization that works with older people to fulfill their potential to lead dignified, active, healthy and secure lives.HelpAge Cambodia envisions A society in which all older people can lead dignified, active, healthy, and secure lives.
HelpAge Cambodia is an affiliate of the HelpAge International global network, a unique worldwide alliance standing up for the right of older people to lead dignified, healthy and secure lives. Established in December 2012 to continue and sustain initiatives which HelpAge had launched and carried out in Cambodia since the early 1990s, HelpAge Cambodia is a not-for-profit organisation and one of the youngest members of Helpage’s global network.
HelpAge works closely and in cooperate with the Royal Government of Cambodia, including several central ministries and provincial departments such as Social Affairs, Veterans and Youth Rehabilitation; Health; Women’s Affairs; Rural Development; Committee on Disaster Management; and Environment to support to the older people and promote the inclusion of ageing into the development programming and policy efforts in Cambodia.
HelpAge Camobodia oversees and implements numerous projects that empower and assist older people. We are looking for volunteers to help strengthen program operations and develop the capacity of local staff. The ideal volunteer will have tertiary qualifications and demonstrated ability to mentor staff; design and evaluate programs; and work in a community development context. Extensive work experience in one or more of the following fields would also be greatly appreciated:
* effective grant proposal writing
* fundraising, donor engagement, financial sustainability
* research to influence policy
* microfinance and social enterprise projects
* institutional strengthening and NGO governance
* media and marketing
* project-specific fields e.g. health, livelihoods, climate change
If you would like to contribute to a leading, innovative organisation, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org , highlighting the areas of best fit and your availability in a cover letter.
New graduates and applicants without tertiary qualifications are welcome to apply. All applications will be considered on a case by case basis.
- office space and materials
- use of bicycle
- local knowledge
- information support e.g. assistant to book transportation
- assistant to arrange accommodation
- thank you meal
- references can be provided upon request
- own accommodation and meals
- transportation cost to and from Battambang
- own laptop and devices
HelpAge Cambodia is seeking online volunteers to support the organisation and local team with a number of assignments including:
- Editing reports (English document)
- Translating promotional material from English to different languages (such as French, Japanese, Korean, German...)
- Promoting organisational activities and older people issues through social media for awareness raising and fundraising purposes
- Writing or editing grant proposals
- Designing promotional material including online online and hardcopy materials
Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Cambodia currently has about 1 million citizens aged 60 or older, and that number will quadruple in the coming decades. Yet in terms of both their needs and their contributions, older people are a largely forgotten group in development and democracy debates, presumed to be under the care of their families– not only through their local leadership and economic production but also, for instance, in freeing other family members to pursue employment by looking after children of migrant parents or caring for those with HIV/AIDS.
HelpAge’s work highlights that the “incredible productivity and contributions of those aged 60 and over, as caregivers, voters, volunteers, entrepreneurs and more” can be tapped through social mobilization.