Kep Gardens Association is a vocational training center in rural Cambodia committed to teaching various skills to help the local village youth gain employment.
We have 3 main sections:
1. The English School.
2. Trade skills.
3. The Education Support Fund.
We are looking for volunteers who can help with:
- Reading English, or conversation on a one-to-one basis.
- Classroom teaching of a particular topic.
- Help training sports team (footballs, volleyball).
- If the volunteer has a trade skill, then we would appreciate it if they could teach apprentices.
- Sharing art or music skills with the students.
- Fundraising with friends.
For accommodation, we provide a cottage accommodating up to four volunteers. Ensuite bathroom and views of the mountains included!
We offer a mixture of Khmer and European meals. A cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner followed by fruit platters, tea or coffee.
We give you advice on how to get to Kep Gardens and book transport depending on how you are travelling.
When you arrive at Kep Gardens we show you around, introduce you to the staff, get you settled into your accommodation.
Before working with the students we spend time with you explaining what to do, how to do it, ask what you would like to do and how we can achieve this. We are always available to help or give tips or advice.
We organize local tours with our staff such as village walks, jungle treks and pagoda visits. These incur a small charge. Other tours can be arranged at your request.
You will be included in any social activities, such as weddings and dinners. Don't worry if you are the only volunteer at the time, you will soon become part of the family and included in all activities!
Any help to find sources of funds will be greatly appreciated.
Volunteers read or converse with students whose ages range from 5 years of age to early 20s. If a volunteer has a particular skill they would like to share with the students we can set them up before and after classes to share with the students.
- English teachers.
- Musical instruments for the young playgroup children, through to the volunteers running an extra musical programme for the older students out of class time.
- The same wish for art classes.
We wish to broaden the experiences available to the students as much as possible. Not only the students but others within the community who have no opportunity to follow an interest or talent.
Teachers, cooks, housekeepers, gardening staff, maintenance crew.