Kevin Rohan Memorial Eco-Foundation
What We Need
KRMERF need mostly volunteers to help in:
1. eco building of homes with bottles and natural materials
2. cultivating the organic (biodynamic) farm
3. Teaching English in Ankuran waldarf-inspired school
4. Reading books and playing with the children in the community library
5. Manufacturing wood products in the carpentry with our talented carpenter
6. General administration, writing proposals
7. Helping with publication in social media - Facebook, Instagram, Trip-Advisor
When & Who
What we Provide
3 people (Max) in a shared room , shared bathroom
Breakfast: regular/wholemeal bread, locally produced eggs, honey, milk and yogurt, muesly
Lunch: Traditional Khana set (rice, lentil soup, 2 additional vegeterian cooked dishes, papad, fresh vegtables from our farm)
Dinner: variety of vegetarian dishes, changes every evening
No reviews yet.
More Services we Offer
1. jewelry classes in "Mahila Shakti" (women power) - our women-based, natural materials jewelry workshop. Volunteers who make their own handicrafts only pay for materials.
2. Cooking classes of traditional Nepali food - Momo, Barra, Halwa, Kheer, Dal and more.
3. Discounted Pick Up and Drop Off from Kathmandu (Thamel) or the airport
4. Occasional social activities: Homemade pizza nights using our mud oven, movie nights
5. Once in a while the volunteers will go to a guided tour in nearby villages and in a lepers colony
Other Ways to Help
Same as long experience only for 1 day
We could use art materials (clay, paints) and different school supplies (notebooks, pens, pencils)
Additional Info about Us
Management, teachers, farmers, restaurant staff, carpentry, eco-builders
Our mission is to foster health and well-being in Nepal’s most impoverished communities by encouraging sustainable change through environmentally friendly programs. We act as an education center for local people, allowing them opportunities to build productivity, cooperation and wellness for their own communities, launching Nepal into a future where sustainable, eco-friendly living is possible.