Mitooma Women’s Dignity Foundation (MIWODIF UGANDA) is an indigenous local non-governmental organization which was established in July 2010. And has its headquarters in Mitooma district, Mitooma Town Council. MIWODIF UGANDA is currently operating in 10 sub counties and 2 tow
fundraising in microfinancing, development of business plan, training in VSLA, training in micro finance, Development of 5 year Strategic plan and supporting community activity of women economic empowerment.
Mitooma Women’s Dignity Foundation (MIWODIF UGANDA) is an indigenous local non-governmental organization which was established in July 2010. And has its headquarters in Mitooma district, Mitooma Town Council. MIWODIF UGANDA is currently operating in 10 sub counties and 2 town councils of Mitooma District and in Kisinga Sub County, Bokonzo West Kasese District.
To create a sustainable model that promotes, protects and avail rural women and children with health, education and economic opportunities.
A healthy Community that meets its perceived needs with ease
Core program areas:
1. Economic empowerment.
2. Human rights and advocacy.
1. To develop programs that improves the economic status of Women persons through Village savings and credit associations.
2. To promote community awareness and prevention of violence as an action to end gender based violence and gender inequality issues.
3. To promote Child rights and support girl Child education.
4. To promote and support initiatives those enhance food security and improve on the nutrition of households in the communities.
5. To promote improved Environmental Conservation, sanitation and hygiene practices at household and community level as a means fighting diseases that retard productivity and development
6. To develop strategies to improve maternal and child health in the communities for a sustainable future generation.
7. To promote HIV/AIDS prevention, care and social support amongst families and communities affected by the HIV/AIDS.
1. Supporting and Linking women and girls better health services.
2. Formation and training Village savings and credit Association for women and older person.
3. Supporting the holistic child development for sustainable future (highly vulnerable children by giving out scholastic materials, school uniform and school fees).
4. Sensitizing on family planning, sex education, fistula prevention and facilitating fistula surgery.
5. Promoting HIV/AIDS prevention, care and social support amongst Families and Communities affected by HIV/AIDS.
6. Carrying out Advocacy and awareness campaign on reproductive health and right, gender based violence and child abuse.
7. Carry out community civic education and sensitization on democratic governance based on gender equality.
8. Carrying out programs on Nutrition of households as a means to fight Diseases and improvement on Environmental Conservation.
9. Carrying out Voluntary Counseling and guidance in Communities.
District Local Governments, Churches, Uganda Human Right Commission, Western Ankole Civil Society Forum (WASCOF), Health Partners Uganda, Tools with a mission UK, Work aid UK, Senior Expert Service Germany, PUM Netherlands, UWEZO at TWEWEZA East Africa, The Carla Rose Foundation, Brighter Brains Institute, and Southeast Wisconsin Secular She-Thinkers.
Women and girls economic empowerment:
MIWODIF’s coaching and training of Village savings and loan associations (VSLA) is an ongoing successful activity. Currently there are 300 women groups with 9000 members operative VSLA in the Mitooma district. The on-lent funds are destined to increase coffee production and quality.