We are an organisation that helps children and adults in public schools and institutions to learn English, French, and German as a second language. In Salaverry most people can't afford to study another language and this is why our program is very important. It supplements the current curriculum that is taught in local schools, giving students access to English, French, and German lessons, which they would not otherwise have.
Unfortunately, there is currently no help or assistance provided by any private or public agency, as social welfare provisions are limited here in Peru.
We need volunteers that know or speak English, French and German to teach to our students.
For those studying linguistics and/or ESL (or similar categories), this would be a great opportunity to use what you have been taught in college or fulfill that internship elective. For anybody who would like to have more teaching experience (e.g., for those who are studying to teach or studying other majors in college), this would also be a great opportunity to get teaching experience.
Teaching English, French or German in a foreign country can give you more experience than you can imagine. This opportunity can provide invaluable work experience which will help prepare the applicant for future jobs in this field or other fields.
MORE ABOUT US...
- We teach basic English, French and German to kids and teens from 3 to 20 years old and adults.
- The Basic English, German or French classes the volunteer will take as reference the English books, pdfs, etc.
-The volunteer will be responsible for the lessons in English, French or German.
- Schedule work is flexible (5 days), at 5 hours per day or 25 hours per week.
- The volunteers will be accompanied by a classroom teacher and also a experienced volunteer during the first days. The class lasts around 30 to 45 minutes
- We take a dynamic approach to teaching the children and adults and so lessons are activity-based and interactive. There are lots of games and songs so they can enjoy learning in a fun environment.
IDEAL VOLUNTEER IS...
- Over 17 years old.
- No teaching background required.
- You need to be open to being creative or using the internet.
- You also need to be independent and able to take charge.
- It is not required to speak Spanish.
We are living at the beach. Our project is near the volunteer house (Salaverry beach).
The coordinator will pick you up from the airport or the bus station but a little collaboration fee for the transit service will be needed depending on where you arrive (distance).
We'll provide you with:
- A certificate upon completion of the program.
- 24 hour emergency help.
- Discount yoga, sandboarding, salsa dance, and surfing,
- We practice sports, hiking, treking, etc.
- Discount Spanish lessons.
I need a volunteer to promote our organization on social media, volunteering office, or another organization in the world.
We need English, French and German books for children and teens.