Mukono Multi purpose Youth Organisation
What We Need
We need volunteers to help the organisation in fundraising, teaching and training school children in essential life skills, providing psycho-social support to HIV/AIDS orphans and vulnerable children (O.V.C), participating in community outreach programs, such as, V.C.T for HIV/AIDS and technical advise on the implementation of our activities.
When & Who
What we Provide
The volunteers are housed in rooms, near the offices, with bedding and security.
Volunteers are served foods, of their choice, which locally available foods
The $15 is a contribution towards the volunteer's food. On a daily basis, the volunteer will be served food (lunch and supper), break tea, fruits and refreshments. The $100 (one-time fee) will be contribution towards the child education support fund for vulnerable children.
No reviews yet.
More Services we Offer
No additional fee charged
Other Ways to Help
The organisation needs in-kind support in the form and books and other educational materials, clothes, computers and accessories, projectors, printers and motor cycles.
Additional Info about Us
Every staff has his/her schedule of duties, according to job description. However, all technical staff are responsible for fundraising and to participate in community outreach activities. monitoring and evaluation. They also compile gaily, monthly and annual reports for the organization activities.
The volunteer is responsible for his/her visas and air fair to and from Uganda.
We have no seasonal activities in the organization.
The Mukono Multi-purpose Youth Organisation (MUMYO) is a Non-Profit Organization founded in 1992 to promote the rights and well- being of the young men and women, especially in the rural areas. It was formed by a group of seven people who found it necessary to form an organization that would unite the youth and facilitate the exchange of views, information and experiences for social transformation and economic development.
The young men and women present an opportunity for a sustained effort to participate in the country’s development process because they possess greater energy, work force and potential. We believed that engaging the youth and addressing their needs is critical to our organization mission to ending poverty and empowering them to take charge of their destiny and become forces of social change. There is also need to address the specific and adverse needs of the young people, such as, access to information and resources to support sustainable rural development initiatives for self-reliance.
A society with empowered young people, men and women, able to sustain self-reliance.
To inspire, educate and empower the young people to transform their lives and achieve entrepreneurial success using human rights based approach.
1. To develop and strengthen youth programs, leading to self-reliance, through training, micro enterprise schemes and exchange visits
2. To advocate for increased access to and quality education both formal and non formal including child education and career guidance
3. To promote adult functional literacy, vocational and apprenticeship schemes for youth and out of school, street children and youth with disabilities.
4. To build the abilities of young people to participate effectively in development and decision making process through youth camps, workshops and conferences.
5. To initiate and implement projects geared towards hunger and poverty alleviation, improved health care and environmental protection for sustainable development
Our programs and activities include, among others;
1. Lobbying and Advocacy
2. Education and Skills training
3. Health care promotion (HIV/AIDS, Hygiene, water and sanitation
4. Agriculture (Agro-forestry, organic farming, etc. and
5. Environment protection and education.