What We Need
MySmallHelp Peru (MSH) is currently looking for volunteers to work on a variety of projects in the Sacred Valley and Cusco:
1. Integral Support Program: We support 27 beneficiaries and their families in various fields (e.g. educational, health, social, emotional, legal, etc.) according to individualized development plans based on their needs.
2. Community Development Projects: We help improve the quality of life for our beneficiary families and communities by building or improving existing infrastructures, and facilitating training workshops.
3. Educational Projects in Schools: We host English classes and different workshops in rural schools, as well as we provide support from our volunteers in community and special needs public schools.
4. Health and Social Aid Campaigns: We organize health campaigns with health care professionals and aid campaigns in communities. We also collaborate with public and private partners in organizing this types of campaigns.
- Strong interest or experience in working with people with disabilities
- Experience in individual and/or group management is a plus
- Intermediate level of written and spoken Spanish and English
- Reliable, proactive, creative, charismatic and willing to help wherever needed
- Able to work with and respect people from different backgrounds
When & Who
What we Provide
MSH House is a cozy place with all the comforts of home. We offer 2 private and 2 shared rooms & gorgeous views of the mountains. The house has 3 shared bathrooms with a fully equipped kitchen, a cozy living room, and a beautiful garden.
We have no specific costs for volunteering; however, we do ask volunteers working in Ollantaytambo to stay at the Volunteer House which is a social project itself.
For anyone who chooses to stay with us, we ask for a contribution to help us provide hot water for showers, wireless Internet, and helping to cover administration costs. The costs are $10 or less per day depending on the length of stay.
Other Ways to support us
School materials, Spanish language children's reading books, etc. Contact us for more information about our full wish list, because MSH establishes this based on each project's and beneficiaries needs.
Additional Info about Us
Volunteers work directly with local families. Through this, MSH volunteers are able to learn about the customs and traditions of Peru, give assistance to and build strong relationships with people with disabilities or coming from low socio-economic families, and share this experience with other volunteers from around the world. Volunteering with MSH gives you the opportunity to travel around the Sacred Valley and see numerous historical sites, including Machu Picchu.
MySmallHelp works with individuals with disabilities as well as people coming from a lower socio-economic status by helping them gain access to education, healthcare, and other necessary services.
MSH has several projects in the Sacred Valley area with different beneficiaries:
Our main projects focus on providing access to education and healthcare to the people who we work with.
We work directly with the children and their families during visits to their house or in the MSH Peru house. We help them practice basic communication exercises, finish their schoolwork, learn English, play instruments, art, etc.
We help disabled children at home with physiotherapy.
We assist families with construction projects to improve their security, health, and quality of life.
We assist people with disabilities in the process to complete their legal documentation in order to get access to public health. We also assist and support families in their medical consultation when needed.