We are an NGO based in Chitwan, Nepal. The Nepal Friendship Society helps poor and marginalized children by supporting and promoting their education. We believe the promotion of education and gender equality can change the world
Teaching English Project
Goal: teach English and help improve the quality of education for the local children
- Teaching Basic English to students
- Helping students improve their conversational skills
- Organizing and developing recreational and artistic activities focused on educational learning
- Assisting full-time local teachers with class duties
- Educating children regarding personal hygiene
- Working with local teachers on curriculum development
- Assisting school administrations with daily tasks
- Tutoring students and helping them with their homework
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- No previous teaching experience is required
- Have a love for teaching
- Willing to work as a team
- Enthusiastic, reliable, flexible, patient, and strives to be a good role model
Environment Conservation and Sanitation Project
Goal: create long-term, sustainable solutions in order to help empower local people and school children and change the way conservation issues are addressed
- Organize Cleanup Program
- Educate communities on how to handle proper waste management
- Promote environment-friendly activities
- Organize “say no to Plastic Bags” campaign
- Organize the training on "How to make compost from organic origin?"
- Mobilize the youth and woman on environment conservation and create resilient communities
- Organize and coordinate the World Cleanup event on September 15, 2018
Children, Youth and Women Empowerment
Goal: inspire and persuade Nepal’s youth by connecting them to community development or giving them vital social and professional skills; eradicate all kinds of discrimination against women
- Computer training
- Vocational training program
- Distribute sewing machine to women in rural parts of the country
- Skill development seminar for women
- Conduct woman awareness activities
NFS Learning Center
We need a small team comprised of 3-5 English speaker members, each pairing with NFS members, who will teach English to underprivileged children who can't afford any private education and are not properly taken care of by their parents. The NFS learning center provides cover and certain protection to them after school hours.
1. Betterment of community through education
2. Support for poor/deprived/marginalized student education
3. Basic skills
4. Pre-academic skills
5. Academic readiness
Community Empowerment and Development for Peace Building:
Goal: respond to the needs of the communities’ children, youth and their role for peacebuilding and create conditions which will contribute to peace and stability
- Organize peacebuilding activities in the local community
- Celebrate International Peace day every year on September 21st
- Organize compassion games for kindness, unity, inclusion, and friendship
- Lead the Legislate Peace Campaign at schools, colleges, and communities
- Promote and support schools as a peace zone
- Prepare community action plans
- Organize play for peace events.
- Promote sustainable peace
We provide simple accommodation, living with Nepali Host Family.
We provide food 3 times a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
$50 per week including food and accommodation. No program fees.
Books for the library (100-500 books )
Clothes (for poor and needy children)
Stationery Items (pens/pencils/color pencils etc.)
Water tanks (2x1000 liters for Government School)
Solar panels or solar lamp etc.
Sharing is caring!
NFS is a non-political, non-government, not-for-profit organization officially registered under the social act with the District Administration office Chitwan and also affiliated to the social welfare council (SWC) Nepal.
NFS' main working areas are education, environment, HIV/AIDS, drug abuse, etc.
We advocate and raise awareness on the local, regional, and national level.
Your small help can make a differences in our local community.
The organization aims to empower marginalized communities, children, and youth through education, workshops, training, supporting a Green Sustainable Environment, and spreading awareness about HIV/AIDS and drug-related activities.
To improve the quality of life of poor and marginalized people, raising awareness in communities of Nepal by enabling sustainable development.
To enable equitable and sustainable development by improving skill management and raising the level of awareness on a local level.
By empowering marginalized communities with a focus on the youth, women through awareness program, and community training we promote basic human rights, equity, and economic well-being.