NGO Oye LENA
We try to tackle poverty and social inequality through qualitative education.
What We Need
Spanish teachers, speech therapists, physiotherapists, public relations...
When & Who
What we Provide
To stay in the Casa LENA house (bed & breakfast above the project), a shared room costs 9 euro per night and a private room 11 euro per night.
On Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday you can eat at the project at noon. This costs only 15 soles! Other meals you provide for yourself or you cook together with the other volunteers.
No cost for the volunteering.
More Services we Offer
– A Belgian contact person and 24/7 assistance when present on the project.
– Reception upon arrival on the project.
– Guidance and support during the whole period of volunteering.
– An enriching and unique experience abroad within a safe framework.
– An opportunity to develop your professional skills.
– Immersion in a new language and culture.
– Optional Spanish lessons at the project.
– Assistance with preparing your tours.
Additional Info about Us
- Work with special children before noon.
- Work with toddlers in the afternoon.
- Monthly activities.
Stefanie is the project manager in Peru and leads the project in Curahuasi as well as in Belgium with the support of Sara Defoor (class coordinator), Diofe Garcia Delgado (cook), Susi Garcia Delgado (teacher & parental contact person), Cristel Rosario (teacher), Brandon Bautista Delgado (driver), a team of volunteers and a ‘Belgian working group’. Besides these permanent employees, there is always a volunteer responsible who is responsible for the reception, guidance, and evaluation of volunteers and students during their stay at Oye LENA.