We empowers the local schools, out of school youths, widows and the community farmers at large.
We are highly in the look out of volunteers who can help,
1. Soil their hands with us at the farm by doing weeding, planting
2. Building / and renovation, structures like the poultry house, compost toilet, training shade
3. Football coach to help train our football clubs
4. Empowering women on entrepreneurship
5. Teachers , help kids at school
we will provide accommodation at our guest house within the farm, Provide break fast, lunch and super at our guest house at the farm.
6 Dollars each volunteer per day
Promoting our work and managing our website
3 laptops, 2 cameras, 1 projector, farm tools, Motor bike to enhance transportation, Solar panels for lightings and for computers and the projector, 3 big Water tanks, 3 PH meters, 1 water purifier, Balls for our clubs, pens, pencils, books for the school children, Clothes, shoes for the orphaned children.
Organic food Kenya is a community based organization registered by the Ministry of culture and social services in 2017. The CBO will empower the local schools, out of school youths and the community at large. In doing this, OFOK will work closely with development organizations (Including local youths, Women groups and self-help groups) working within and around Homa bay county and the bordering counties.
OFOK will recruit membership voluntarily around the area of operation
To provide trainings and modern Agriculture skills to poor communities in Kenya by developing fertile grounds to nourish organic foods, food security change lives of community members.
1. Develop organic permaculture gardening and farming techniques
2. Establish permaculture resource center and outreach program in the community
3. Raise literacy, nature sports talents and build sustainable livelihood for the less fortunate
1. Create self-sustaining projects within the communities and schools we work with
2. Think; work smart to change a life.
Article 3.0 OBJECTIVES:
1. Poverty eradication.
2. Training communities on agribusiness, permaculture and organic farming
3. Promotion of food security
4. Maintenance of biodiversity
5. Promotion of Micro enterprises among communities
6. Advocacy to the old and the vulnerable
7. Co-ordinate with any group, NGO and Individual donor having same
objective towards development and health.
8. Nurturing sports talents among the communities
9. Promotion of agroforestry and education to the less fortunate among the communities.
10. To establish local and international partnerships
11. Engaging in HIV/AIDS programme among the communities.
3.2 Values of the organization
The organization shall be non-tribal and non-religious. OFOK is anchored on the following values:-
We believe in mutual respect and therefore acknowledge innate worth of all people and the value of each person’s unique experiences
We believe in equity and justice and will thus seek to ensure equality of opportunity for everyone irrespective of age, gender, class, ethnicity, disability, location and religion
We believe in honesty and transparency and we stand to be held accountable for the effectiveness or otherwise of our actions
We believe in solidarity with the poor and those marginalized by mainstream society. These will be the deliberate focus of all our interventions as we seek to empower those on the margins of society
We believe in the courage of conviction, espouse creativity, boldness and innovation without fear of failure as we endeavor to have the greatest possible impact on the line of those that we serve
We believe in humility recognizing that we are part of larger movement that is engaged in the effort of empowering and advocating for the rights of the most vulnerable members of the society