Otra Cosa Network
Otra Cosa Network is an NGO that works in Northern Peru with the vision of equal opportunities in Peru for everyone to succeed and thrive.
What We Need
Each of our projects have different sets of requirements that you can find on our web page. The positions we currently have available include:
- English teacher in the local schools.
- HELP Youth Skate Ramp Coordinator.
- HELP Environment Research Position.
- HELP Women's Empowerment Coordinator.
- Marketing Intern.
- Fundraising Intern.
- Intern Volunteer Coordinator.
- Working at a dog shelter.
- Teaching Assistant at a special needs school.
- Teaching Assistant at a local kindergarten.
- Working at an organic fair-trade coffee and sugar community farm
- Supporting a local health clinic as a doctor, nurse or medial assistant.
When & Who
Hot positions we are really in need of help for include:
- Intern volunteer Coordinator (volunteer fee is waved for this position).
- English teachers. Starting in March; you would be beginning the school year with the kids!
- HELP Youth Skate Ramp Coordinator (beginning in May).
- HELP Women: Women's Empowerment Coordinator (beginning in May).
What we Provide
We will arrange everything for you from here including your project placement and your accommodation. We will pick you up in a taxi when you arrive in Trujillo then you will be given an induction about our organisation as well as a walking tour around Huanchaco. We have three full time staff members based in Huanchaco who are available 24/7 for support and in case of emergencies. We also work hard to create and open and fun community among of volunteers and host weekly events that volunteers are welcome to take part in such as shared dinners, bonfires, quiz nights, etc.
Our volunteers pay a one time contribution that keep our projects and services viable. You can find a breakdown of our financial statements on our web page.
- 1 to 3 months = £200.
- 3 to 6 months = £250.
- 6 to 9 months = £300.
- 9 to 12 months = £350.
No reviews yet.
More Services we Offer
Other Ways to Help
- School supplies (pens, pencils, notebooks, glue, scissors, rules).
- Craft materials (crayons, coloured paper, paints, brushes, glue, scissors).
- Sewing materials.
- Skateboards, trucks, wheels.
- Spanish reading books (age 8 - 15).
Additional Info about Us
Otra Cosa Network is a registered Peruvian non-profit NGO and registered UK charity (registration number: 1133680) that runs five local community projects known as the Huanchaco Education and Learning Programmes (HELP). These programmes focus in the areas of youth development, women's empowerment, literacy, environmental education and English language learning. We also partner with suitable community led projects and help to partner them with willing, capable volunteers in a way that benefits both parties. We carefully select well motivated volunteers with the right skills and experience for appropriate HELP project or partner project and offer them support from arrival to departure. Otra Cosa Network is based in the small seaside town of Huanchaco, about a thirty minute bus ride from the major city, Trujillo.