As a volunteer with Peru Luz de Esperanza, you will use your individual skills and energy to make a real difference in a small community that genuinely needs your help, education, Construction,built and Woodworking, Schools, Colleges and Universities, arts
English teachers with more than 1 year of experience, intermediate or advanced Spanish – 3 Volunteers.
· Music Teachers, basic Spanish – 2 volunteers.
· Builders, English or Spanish – 2 volunteers.
· Carpenters, English or Spanish – 2 volunteers.
The Family stay option is available for those who wish to fully immerse themselves in the Peruvian culture and practice Spanish through living with a local family. This plan includes: a very safe home stay with the family in our house in Chupaca. Volunteers choosing this plan will have a comfortable room and a dedicated bathroom with hot shower. Upon availability, there are single, double and triple occupation rooms. Towels and soap are also provided. We are serving typical regional food which is healthy and prepared with care. The meals are mostly vegetarian with traditional, organic ingredients, including potatoes, rice, corn and lentils.
The longer you stay with PASPLE, the better will be the discount.
…And good news, Wi-Fi is now available.
Our project does not receive any subsidy from the government nor from particulars, the only income we have is a donation from the volunteers who come to work with us. Therefore we ask for a small contribution of 150 USD/week to cover the costs of room and board.
The following is included:
- 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) prepared by an employee as well as cleaning of the public areas in the house. From Monday to Friday.
- Internet Wifi
- Room shared with other volunteers. If you come as a couple we can try to have room to yourselves.
- Bathroom Shared.
- Access to kitchen and living room.
- Certification of recognition for your voluntary work( 3 weeks minimun).
The volunteer house is located in a quiet and natural place, mountains.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
Air fees and transportation from Lima, local transportation, hotel.
Additional excursions, transportation and food during excursions,
Personal expenses (ex. souvenirs, food restaurants)
Drinking water (bottled) other than what is provided with the meals.
Donations: As PASPLE does not have any help from the government, donations are our only way to finance our activities. Every dollar counts. If you can raise funds before you come, that will help us very much continuing our activities at the school after your stay.
Books: We have a little library. So you can to bring second-hand books in English or in Spanish as a donation. Those will be used by all the people around the school.
We have initiated computer classes. We need second-hand laptops or other computer equipment like mice and pads, keyboards, screens etc. (those could be bought locally if you prefer)
School supplies (pens, notebooks, folders, color papers, pencil sharpeners, erasers, etc.) You can carry those from home or buy here in Huancayo
Clothes for small girls or and boys, 3-7 years old, 8-16 years old.
Playing material for the school as balls, games, etc.
Do not forget dear friend
1. People and children are very grateful and they want to learn your new culture.
2. Your knowledge will strengthen the personal education of our students and contribute to the development of our people.
3. Traveling is a unique experience to learn outside of your comfort zone.
4. What you learn will remain for the rest of your life, your skills that you will develop to live in another country are those that will remain for life and will be very useful every time you have to face an unknown situation.
5.- You will learn to open more the mind in a foreign country with a multiplicity of cultures, you will have learned to relate and be more tolerant and receptive with others.
6. When you make an exchange you will become bilingual, it is the best way to learn to speak it as a local, since you will have to learn it to make yourself understood and handled independently.
7. You know colleagues and friends from all over the world, they have the possibility of generating professional and friendly links with people from all over the world; from the locals to others who have taken the same destiny as you.
Peru Luz de Esperanza is not located in the city, It has been built in the back country, in a small village called Ahuac. Fresh air, tranquility, friendly people, families raising animals and growing vegetables will be a part of your experience with us. Being a volunteer with us means that you will enjoy your work with locals and will also enjoy the tranquility of nature at 3460 meters above sea level(11351,71 feet above sea level).
As a volunteer with Peru Luz de Esperanza, you will use your individual skills and energy to make a real difference in a small community that genuinely needs your help.
Our projects are focused on helping children, families and rural communities. This is one opportunity for you to be involved where children need your help the most. Not only money can change their lifes, but also the energy of all the volunteers who want to do something for someone with a lot of care and love.We will always have room for you here, because your help is very important for the community. We have options of voluntary jobs; you can choose what you like best.
WELCOME TO THIS NEW EXPERIENCE!