Rieko Kenya is a nonprofit organisation started in 2007 to alleviate poverty and gives opportunities to marginalised rural communities in Kenya.
What We Need
The areas of volunteering include:
- Charity office volunteering.
- School health volunteering.
- Community health volunteering.
- Health facility volunteering.
- Teaching in schools.
- Teaching in vocational and technical skills institutions.
- Adult education volunteering.
- School construction.
- Health facility construction.
- Home construction for the poor, elderly, and disabled.
- Water sterilisation.
- Social work.
- Tree planting.
- School farming.
When & Who
What we Provide
It costs $415 to stay in the volunteer house; $577 for the hotel; and $405 to stay with a host family. This is all per week. The prices scale down when the volunteers come in bigger groups and stay longer.
The cost will cater for food, accommodation, pick-ups from and to the nearest airport and local transport on specific schedules.
All meals provided.
More Services we Offer
In addition to accommodation and meals, we will provide:
- 1 GB data bundle within a period of one month for WiFi/hotspot connection.
- One day visit to Lake Victoria.
- We generally give guidance, orientation, initial introduction, and visits to most of our project sites, where volunteers and interns have the opportunity to freely interact with the local community.
Other Ways to Help
We take interested volunteers to learn how to cook local foods. The $10 is used to buy the food ingredients and fuel for cooking. Volunteers are greeted and given a rousing welcome. They are then briefed on the specific type of cooking and community benefits in their participation. Finally, everyone eats.
Rieko Kenya is keen in engaging and working with volunteers with diverse background in creating longstanding positive impact.
Additional Info about Us
Rieko Kenya welcomes volunteers to help in mobilising for sustainable resources for the poor and vulnerable Kenyan people.
Rieko has a wide range of volunteering programs to choose from -- each program can be tailored to your requirements. Our volunteer work in Kenya improves the education, health, and livelihoods of the local communities. Our extensive sustainability programs ensure that your volunteering efforts make a real difference in the communities in which you are placed. By living and working alongside local people, you will not only explore a new culture but you will also be assisting in its development for the future.