Assistance with the following:
- Agro-ecology/Organic food production and household food gardens
- Training and mentoring of community beneficiaries in agriculture, basic computer skills & bookkeeping
- Assisting in maintaining our on-site Agro-ecology food garden/Aquaculture and assisting with training of students completing their experiential training programme
- Website and social media skills; general IT & networking maintenance of the orgranisation
- Meeting and interacting with the rural community beneficiaries being supported by the organisation
- in-house/on the job training in agro-ecology organic food production and garden establishment
(financial assistance is limited as we are dependant on donors for funding and are not directly supported by government)
Due to the fact that we are a nonprofit, non governmental, public benefit organisation that is reliant on donor funding to be sustainable we only maintain a core staff for operations and employ additional staff as and when we receive contracts or grant funding. Our main focus in on community development, agroecology and household food gardens, and we are therefore limited in our ability to maintain our website and social media account efficiently. We have limited experience with regards to fundraising and proposal writing for grant funding and would thus we very appreciative of any assistance in this regard.
WHO WE ARE
Ruliv is a Non-Profit Public Benefit Organisation facilitating all facets of rural and urban socio-economic development activities including proposal development, process facilitation, programme planning and design, implementation and financial management and monitoring and evaluation. Our team of highly experienced, multi-disciplinary professionals provides such support services to a diverse range of clients, focussing on village-based community development organisations, CBO’s, NGO’s, but also including businesses, local and district municipalities, provincial and national government, state agencies and international development agencies.
Ruliv emanated from a bilateral agreement between the governments of the Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of South Africa. This was then expressed as an activity of the Office of the Premier (OTP) in the Eastern Cape Province, as - “The Promotion of Rural Livelihoods Programme”, under the authority of the Programmes, Research and Policy Development Branch.
Ruliv has expertise in facilitating the design of development actions, including the implementation management of participatory socio-economic development initiatives, which include:
• support to governance and institutional development;
• technical skills training and mentoring expertise;
• contracts management and support;
• agro-ecological and small scale farming initiatives;
• nutrition security and household food gardens design and support;
• implementation management of corporate social investment programmes.
Ruliv continually test new international good practice approaches and methodologies in order to ensure the appropriateness of application and relevance to our context of the most current, cutting-edge tools in support of sustainable development. Learning and innovation are valued both within Ruliv and in our partnerships with communities and stakeholders.
Ruliv works primarily in the Eastern Cape Province but our work has extended to Kwa-Zulu Natal, the Free State, Mpumalanga, Limpopo, the North-West Province and even Swaziland, Lesotho, Mozambique and Zimbabwe.
Borne out of almost 20 years of trials and fine tuning of methodologies and approaches in and around the broader Eastern Cape Province, our approach remains true to the principle of “a strong democratic, transparent and independent civil society as equal partner to the developmental state”.
Our services include:
(a) Sustainable Community and Socio-Economic Development: Facilitation of in-depth community driven planning processess to ensure long-term sustainability of communities.
(b) Integrated Community Development Planning: Training in "Asset Based Development embedded Integrated Community Development Planning" processes, facilitating leadership development & mentoring community leaders; sector planning focusing on Education, Agriculture, Economic Development; facilitating linkages between social sectors- civil society, state and business etc
(c) Agro Ecological Services: Training & Mentoring of the closed loop agroecological organic farming and nutrition production systems
(d) CSI Implementing Agent for corporates interested in community development & economic upliftment through their CSI initiatives
(e) Skills training and support in various subjects ie Good governance, Finance Management & Bookkeeping, Computer skills, Project Management etc
- Seedlings, tools (for both the Ruliv garden and beneficiaries)
- labour in assisting with the establishment of rural and urban community food gardens and maintaining the Ruliv on-site organic food garden