- Marketing and communication
- Help with fundraising
- Training of local tourist guides
- Building construction and renovation (of the two camp sites in the Mbunga Community and the Kilembe Valley)
- Photography, webdesign/updates and blogging
- Office work and maintanance
- Handcraft, art, music, dance and sports (mainly in the Mbunga community and with our women group)
- Organic agriculture
- Nature conservation
- Cooking and restaurant services
- Community services
Volunteers can stay as long as they want.
- Booking of transport and tours around the country
- Arrange trips to Queen Elisabeth National Park and the Rwenzori Mountains National Park, which both are close to Kasese Town
- Knowledge about the culture, history, spiritual beliefs, plants and animals in the area
- Laundry and kitchen
- General assistance when needed
Per month: 680 000 UG Shs = about 187 US $
Per week: 160 000 = about 44 US $
Per day: 22 700 UG Shs = about 6 US $
Someone who can regularly uptate our website, sosial media sites and help with marketing and fundraising for our projects.
Rwenzori Action for Tourism Services is a community-based organization based in Kasese Town, Kilembe Valley and the Mbunga Community in the Rwenzori Mountains. Our aim is to provide long-term tourism services that can contribute for a better living for the community, benefit local businesses, protect the environment, preserve culture and history, and provide knowledge and information across cultures and generations, modern and traditional life. As a newly established organization our current project is to finish up and improve our camp sites in Kilembe Valley and the Mbunga Community. The last one is a site with traditional and improved traditional huts/bandas that visitors can stay in and are also nabours with one of very few traditional homes that still remaining in this area and different cultural sites. We are also planning to have different activities around both of the camp sites, such as a hiking trip to the waterfalls at the border of the Rwenzori Mountains National Park, different types of workshops, visiting homes, bird watching, music and dance, handcraft, beekeeping, agro-tourism and education/study related activities, among others. We are at the moment especially looking for volunteers with marketing and communication skills and someone who can help with training local tourism guides, but we are also welcoming volunteers with other skills related to our project. Nor can sharing of ideas, knowledge and experiences be underestimated - let's sit around the campfire and share our stories.
Yarns, cameras, kitchenware, renovation tools, computers, tents, solar panels, solar powered lamps.