Safisha Africa Welfare Foundation is a charity that is non profit and non governmental organisation registered in 2010 to give support to the poor families with kids who are unable to go to school. We help the families by enrolling their children to go to school, where we give them the best education possible. We also provide free educational writing materials such as books, textbooks, pens, and free school uniforms. We also offer sweaters, shoes, desks to sit on, and a classroom for lessons.
We need volunteers in childcare, teaching, serving the kids lunch, playing with the kids, and fundraising.
Accommodation , a bed with a mosquito net.
- Breakfast: toast and tea.
- Lunch: rice/chapati/pilau/ugali with beef, vegetables, or lentils.
- Dinner: same options as lunch.
- Pick up/drop off is $30.
- Orientation is free.
- Tours is managed by the company we are familiar with. Their fee depends on the season and includes three days two nights, accommodation, food, transport, and entrance fee to the park.
- Going to elephant orphanage and giraffe centre is $100.
- Social activities depend on what the volunteer wants.
Our staff tasks include:
- Drop off service and pick up from the project.
- Class orientation given to volunteers.
- Serving lunch.