Sawil Pax Upendo Academy Children
What We Need
- Teaching English, Reading and writing skills... in the classroom using different teaching methodologies;
- Give kids assignments to check their understanding with help of the local staff;
- Prepare food for the kids with help of the local staff and share cooking knowledge with the local staff;
- Visit families of the less fortunate kids for cultural exchange and giving a word of comfort;
- Improve the understanding of kids through sports, songs and games;
- Share and exchange knowledge on child care and early childhood with the local staff.
- Working with kids and our staff in the centre,
- Visiting kids in their respective families,
- Writing attractive stories on the project and share with people in their connections,
- Making videos, taking pictures and promoting the activities of the centre on social media, conferences, shows, public places and any other media which the volunteer has access to,
- Train/advice the staff on marketing and communication skills,
- Making flyers and any promotional materials for the centre to share in social media,
- Influence people around the world to join and support Sawil Pax Upendo Academy.
When & Who
What we Provide
Language class, local tours (show around) and certificate
Rice, Meat, Beans, Ugali, Fish, Pasta, Eggs, Vegetables, Potatoes, Traditional food ...
No reviews yet.
More Services we Offer
Pick up/Drop of is USD $50 or Euros 50 for both ways as we live a bitfar from the Airport.
Pretrip Assistance is done freely during communication on how to reach us and all those related issues.
At arrival orientation is done freely to help the volunteer to understand the program and the community he/she will serve.
Other Ways to Help
Toys, balls, clothes, computers, cameras, school supplies.
Additional Info about Us
- Teaching English language or Mathematics, Creative Arts, Science, Physical education, Sports and games at our pre school and daycare centre;
- Serving the kids at the pre school
- Working in the Adminstration and marketing of the school
Sawil (Save the Will) Pax Upendo Academy is a non-profit education and empowerment centre initiated and launched in October, 2014 with a fundamental mission to fight poverty, hunger and diseases through provision of free quality education, care, nutrition and health care support to less fortunate rural children aged between 3 to 6 years old.
We are based at Bujora village, Bujora ward, in Magu District, Mwanza region in Tanzania.
The less fortunate rural children we target are vulnerable and abandoned children due to poverty; children abused due to their HIV/AIDS, albinism or disabilities status; children born from single teen girls who got pregnancies while they were in schools and abandoned at their own both by their male partners and relatives, children who are who lost their parents due to HIV/AIDS and other proven vulnerable children in the community.
We educate. We feed. We care.
We are currently providing free quality early childhood care services and education to 68 rural children aged between 3 to 6 years old at our children’s daycare centres located at Bujora and Kisesa villages, Sanjo division in Magu District.
For us, Empowering children and their communities to achieve sustainable, rewarding and autonomous lives remain our greatest concern and priority.