Shri Jasnath Asan
Shri Jasnath Asan is a 500 year old ashram on the edge of the Thar Dessert of Rajasthan. It falls within the Hatha Yoga Lineage, descending from Shiva/Gorakhnath. We welcome visitors from September - April to our yoga institute and retreat center, as well as our Ayurveda wellness programs.
What We Need
We have 6 job sectors on campus: kitchen, garden, property maintenance and construction, teaching, wellness center, and administration.
When & Who
What we Provide
Housing is a simple dorm bed with sheet. There is a community bath with hot water (1 bucket daily).
3 locally grown, lacto-vegetarian meals; 2 teas; pure drinking water.
Volunteers who stay 4+ weeks are reimbursed for local travel
No reviews yet.
More Services we Offer
We also provide:
- Access to 10 - 12 yoga classes weekly (at least 4 are compulsory).
- Access to the library during open hours.
- Access to free laundry facilities during open hours.
- Access to discounted Ayurveda treatment such as massage, facial, and Shirodhara (during training or open hours).
- Letter of recommendation, depending on performance.
- All work related expenses.
- Cultural and spiritual events and outings such as temple tours, musical & spiritual celebrations, & more depending on season and availability.
- Yogic environment for Karma and Bhakti yogis.
Other Ways to Help
- School and art supplies for children's after school program.
- Prizes for children's summer camps, age 9 - 12.
- Prizes for girls' summer camp, age 15 - 19.
- English teaching supplies: easy-reader story books, flash cards, alphabet magnet boards/blocks, posters, etc.
- Family friendly English movies.
- Laptops and peripheral equipment for computer training center.
- Digital camera for foreigner registration office.
Additional Info about Us
Chef, driver, manager, therapists, gardener
A valid Indian Visa is required for the duration of their visit. We register all guests with the government. We do not discriminate according to sex, religion or otherwise. Valid return tickets are required before arriving at the ashram as we do not have a travel agent on staff. Bus transportation is public, cheap, and right outside our front gates, taking the volunteer to many other cities for weekend site seeing.
During the winter months, volunteers work in the garden, and provide support and administration to the retreaters.
We are a nonprofit social welfare organization that focuses on education (mainly yoga/wellness) for the underprivileged (mainly women/children). Our goal is to enhance our ecology through energy/water/nature conservation programs. Volunteers join us to ensure the everyday work of the ashram is completed, and the historic community continues to thrive.