Shri Jasnath Asan is a 500 year old ashram on the edge of the Thar Dessert of Rajasthan. It falls within the Hatha Yoga Lineage, descending from Shiva/Gorakhnath. We welcome visitors from September - April to our yoga institute and retreat center, as well as our Ayurveda wellness programs.
We have 6 job sectors on campus: kitchen, garden, property maintenance + construction, teaching, wellness center, and administration
• Housing – simple dorm bed with sheet, community bath with hot water (1 bucket daily)
• Meals – 3 locally grown, lacto vegetarian + 2 tea, pure drinking water
• Access to 10-12 yoga classes weekly (at least 4 are compulsory)
• Access to library during open hours
• Access to free laundry facilities during open hours
• Access to discounted Ayurveda treatment such as massage, facial, and Shirodhara (during training or open hours)
• Letter of recommendation, depending on performance
• All work related expenses (textbooks, etc.)
• Cultural and spiritual events and outings such as temple tours, musical & spiritual celebrations, & more depending on season and availability
• Yogic environment for Karma and Bhakti yogis
Personal transportation and needs only
Recruiting, marketing in social media platforms, translating blogs from English to a variety of languages, research for new product development (yoga, arts, vegetarian food, spirituality), grant writing and fundraising for children and women's programs, editing short documentaries.
School & art supplies for children's after school program
prizes for children's summer camps, age 9-12
prizes for girls' summer camp, age 15-19
English teaching supplies: easy-reader story books, flash cards, alphabet magnet boards/blocks, posters, etc.
Family friendly English movies
Laptops & peripheral equipment for computer training center
Digital camera for foreigner registration office
What we do not provide
• Toilet paper, toiletries & towel
• Travel agent
• Meals or any services outside of fixed hours
• Extensive Sadhana or study opportunities during work/stay agreement
We are a non-profit, social welfare organization, focusing on education (mainly yoga/wellness) for the underprivileged (mainly women/children) with a goal of enhancing our ecology through energy/water/nature conservation programs. Volunteers join us to ensure the every day work of the ashram is completed, and the historic community continues to thrive.