Soldiers' Angels supports deployed service members, our wounded heroes and the growing veteran population.
What We Need
Soldiers’ Angels staff and volunteers are able to coordinate events and activities, organize corporate partner participation, visit patients and approve volunteers to join the VA support program.
* Patient visits, which includes distribution of comfort items, to include blankets, hygiene kits, clothing, magazines, and recreational items.
* Bi-weekly or monthly luncheons or dinners are organized to bring the veteran patients together and offer them a taste of home with a warm meal and friendly volunteer interaction. These may include movie night themed meals, holiday meal events, Thanksgiving dinner, and summer outdoor BBQ's
* Box lunches are provided to VA Medical Center staff to pass out to homeless or low income veterans who may not be able to otherwise provide their next meal.
* Stand Down support - VA Medical Centers organize “Stand Downs” to bring VA services to homeless veterans in the community. VA staff bring medical and dental expertise and Soldiers’ Angels brings meals, hygiene, clothing and other requested items to provide support to these veterans and help encourage homeless veteran participation.
* Break Room Stocking - Soldiers’ Angels volunteers stock the break rooms at many VA Medical Centers so patients and family members have a plentiful supply of snacks, cereal bars, quick meals, coffee, etc.
* Wish List Fulfillment - Each VA has unique needs for their veterans. Soldiers’ Angels fulfills these “wish lists” through donor partners and volunteer efforts. Soldiers’ Angels has fulfilled wish lists, which have included coffee pots for break rooms, wireless internet for patient rooms and waiting rooms, bikes, bike racks, landscaping and even renovating and replacing patios and courtyards.
When & Who
No reviews yet.
Additional Info about Us
Soldiers' Angels provides aid and comfort to the men and women of the United States Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, their families, and a growing veteran population.