Soldiers' Angels supports deployed service members, our wounded heroes and the growing veteran population.
Soldiers’ Angels staff and volunteers are able to coordinate events and activities, organize corporate partner participation, visit patients and approve volunteers to join the VA support program.
* Patient visits, which includes distribution of comfort items, to include blankets, hygiene kits, clothing, magazines, and recreational items.
* Bi-weekly or monthly luncheons or dinners are organized to bring the veteran patients together and offer them a taste of home with a warm meal and friendly volunteer interaction. These may include movie night themed meals, holiday meal events, Thanksgiving dinner, and summer outdoor BBQ's
* Box lunches are provided to VA Medical Center staff to pass out to homeless or low income veterans who may not be able to otherwise provide their next meal.
* Stand Down support - VA Medical Centers organize “Stand Downs” to bring VA services to homeless veterans in the community. VA staff bring medical and dental expertise and Soldiers’ Angels brings meals, hygiene, clothing and other requested items to provide support to these veterans and help encourage homeless veteran participation.
* Break Room Stocking - Soldiers’ Angels volunteers stock the break rooms at many VA Medical Centers so patients and family members have a plentiful supply of snacks, cereal bars, quick meals, coffee, etc.
* Wish List Fulfillment - Each VA has unique needs for their veterans. Soldiers’ Angels fulfills these “wish lists” through donor partners and volunteer efforts. Soldiers’ Angels has fulfilled wish lists, which have included coffee pots for break rooms, wireless internet for patient rooms and waiting rooms, bikes, bike racks, landscaping and even renovating and replacing patios and courtyards.
Join one of our 12 virtual teams of volunteer Angels throughout the United States to send support and encouragement to our deployed men and women. Work from the comfort of your home sending cards, letters and care packages.
* Adopt A Family
* Angel Bakers
* Cards Plus
* Chaplain Support
* Deployed Adoptions
* Ladies of Liberty
* Letter Writing
* Living Legends
* Operation Top Knot
* Sewing and Crafting
* Special Forces
* Women of Valor
From one of our service members "I want to start out by telling you what a great feeling it is to open a letter from someone you have never met before and feel so loved by a complete stranger...Thank you for all that you do.”
You can show your support of our deployed service members with a card or letter. Contact us for more information.
Soldiers' Angels provides aid and comfort to the men and women of the United States Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, their families, and a growing veteran population.